Thread: Scary Flight

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar

Scary Flight

I don't particularly like to fly, but if it was me I'd probably have the biggest anxiety attack ever

http://www.womenswallstreet.com/WWS/...&articleid=711

First off, thanks for the link I thought it was an interesting article (bloody annoying that you have to keep hitting the more link!)

But really what did it say? Nothing happened on the flight and nothing developed afterwards. It just sounds like the american public has developed a prejudice against those that are not white. Don't you think that these terrorist organisations realise that? I hope the world will never have to suffer another terrorist attack like Sept 11th again, but I also think that if it does happen again, these terrorists will be smart enough to use white-skinned people to carry it out.

Just something to think about!

cheers,
    Luke

luke - that's what i got out of it. if arabic men go to the bathroom, it's terrifying. is it terrifying if white men go to the bathroom at the same time? how about black men?

what if arabic WOMEN go to the bathroom? how many of them would it take to terrify people?

to me the scary part is about how it's not allowed for the authorities to get a bunch of arabs at the same time and check them even when the FBI has issued alert about people assembling bombs in-flight.

fair or not, they better be checking all people on my flight - black,white,yellow in groups or not in groups. to me my life and wellbeing during the flight is worth more than how 14 arabs are going to feel after being checked out thoroughly in a group or separatly

jIgG - to me, if they're going to check groups of arabs, they'd BETTER check all other similar sized groups!

a while ago, but long after 9-11, they discovered a flight attendant that brought a knife with him and some passengers who got on planes with other things. it seemed that security is focusing so much on arabic people that they're not really seriously checking anyone else.

Jasun
    The other thing that makes me smell a rat is that she seems to quote Ann Colter at one point.

anyone who would use "anne coulter" as anything other than the punch line of a blonde joke needs their head examined.

i agree they have to check everyone white black yellow or green, in groups or not in groups, but also at minimum wage most those screeners are just waiting for the day to go by so they can go home.

when i flew thru zurich and that was several years ago i was 16 years old, i had my bags opened and got padded down and everyone who wanted to board the flight was asked questions like what do you have in your luggage, sometimes they'd even open it to see if you're not lieing. i remember this lady that had a whole bag of hair sprays and what not they took them away just in case because they could explode

when i landed in dallas i was late for my flight, and running for the gate i went the opposite way of a check point, the screeners were just yapping away, one yelled at me and asked if i was missing a flight and waved at me to go. didn't get my bags checked or anything

Camper than a row of tents
    It's the attitudes that many American's have (or a very vocal few) involving racial profiling that will eventually be responsible for another attack.

Middle-Eastern men ARE in fact the faces of terrorists. They come in no other package.

Until that changes, all non-American citizen Middle-Eastern men should be singled out at airports.

The idea that we should look at everyone evenly is comical. When was the last time a non-Middle Eastern man was involved in an American flight hijacking?

Yet you go to the airport and see BS such as a black man being pulled aside even though in the entire history of American aviation, a black man has never even attempted to hijack a plane.

Racial profiling in certain situations DOES work when used correctly in this country, but the ignorant (but very vocal) few refuse to accept that. I'm sure MOST American's would have no problem with treating non-citizen middle-eastern visitors a little differently than we do our own kind.

iamkathi
    here's my 2 cents.

I am as white bread American as they come.

My concern is that as children we were told not to talk to strangers...who are strangers? They come in every color, shape and size.

Now, as adults, our American society has been told to be on the look out for terrorist activity. How do you know what a terrorist is? Wouldn't it be the smarter thing to do, as terrorists, to change the "look" of the ones we are watching for?

If people start to be panicked over groups of people going to the restroom together, us women had better watch out. :high:

Oh...and I love seeing the little blue-haired women having to pull their shoes off at the airport as well. We all know that Osama is now targeting the US with a cell of these AARP women. Their next attack will be with a group of 1979 cadillacs as big as a house driving 15 miles an hour on the major highways. They won't hurt us... but we'll all want to kill ourselves to get from behind them :wacko: