Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Prefer Them Large Or Small?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do You Prefer Them Large Or Small?

Affiliate programs that is.

Would you rather promote a large sponsor program such as ARS or would you rather go with smaller less exposed sponsors?

I know personally i like to use a mixture of the two however, I have also been noticing a lot lately that the smaller affiliate programs with sites that arent over exposed tend to convert higher and also retain longer.

So whats your preference when it comes to choosing an affiliate program and, does the size of the program even matter to you?

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    i prefer smaller ones.

i work for a big one, and while they are good, i agree with Lee in that the sites tend to get over exposed & not very well maintained.

besides, i like the idea of helping someone get rich, rather than just making the rich richer...

Dale hit me up on icq please babe

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    LARGE!

Oh... what was the question? Affiliate programs? Small... 100%. My experiences show that large programs are not in touch with the niches and they just peddle cookie cutter crap.

Everything else... I like large!

Originally posted by Dawgy
    besides, i like the idea of helping someone get rich, rather than just making the rich richer...
    You know thats another of my pet peeves about the industry as a whole.

It always seems like any affiliate program contests of giveaways always work out in the favor of the big guy and not the little guy.

Im a firm beleive that the small guy should be rewarded for their efforts too, regardless of whether they send 1 or 10 signups a month.

As you said, it just seems like the poor stay poor while the rich get richer

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    Originally posted by Lee
    Dale hit me up on icq please babe

Regards,

Lee
    im trying to get away from icq, do u use aim?

im DaleDotCom if so

One AIM coming your way

Regards,

Lee

Chris Alan
    Whatever program works for my traffic.

Originally posted by Chris Alan
    Whatever program works for my traffic.
    You mean MY traffic dontcha?

Regards,

Lee

Chris Alan
    BITCH

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    I prefer smaller one. That way I can mostly get help with things faster then with some larger companeis.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    smaller one's

I agree with what everyone has stated. The smaller sites tend to be much more webmaster friendly and at least when you do contact them, you don't get your head bit off like some of the biggies tend to do unless you are sending them scores of hits & sales.

I also think the smaller one's tend to give you more scope in being able to promote their products and are more receptive to new ideas as well.

just my 2 cents
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

i'd say smaller ones, except that some of my niches aren't being covered by smaller ones. of course, some aren't being covered by larger ones, either **

Dzinerbear
    It's too bad some sponsors play the numbers game because one never knows which sale is going to rebill and which is going to cancel.

And I prefer smaller sponsors. It's a lot easier to sell something that hasn't been done to death.

Cheers
    Michael

AusCoding Allan
    So it's agreed then that smaller sponsors are better as they generally have better customer service and convert and retain better as their content hasn't been overexposed to the market.

I use a combination of both - I think that bigger programs are generally slightly more reliable payment wise.

Cheers,

Allan