Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guilty Pleasures...

Xstr8guy

Guilty Pleasures...

Ok, I admit this is a take-off on Jasun's songs your embarrassed to like thread.
    But this thread is wide open to anything that you consider a "guilty pleasure".

My guilty pleasure is...

Muriel's Wedding

It was just on HBO for the zillionth time. And when it's on, everything comes to a screeching halt in the xstr8guy household! I must have seen all or parts of it 50 times. Thankfully, my partner likes it too.

I can't explain my fascination with this movie. It's not like I dream of being a chubby aussie girl that fantasizes about getting married. Maybe it's just the great ABBA tunes that fill the movie from beginning to end?

Btw, does anyone know if the director of the movie, PJ Hogan, is the same guy who played Crocidile Dundee (Paul Hogan). If it is, Crocodile Dundee is a flaming closet case. There is no way a straight man directed this movie!

Sana Chan
    My guilty pleasure would be watching The Three Lives of Thomesina and my Betty Boop cartoons on VHS.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    You know what Xstr8guy... I practically do the same thing.

Here's a pic of PJ Hogan

He wrote the story for Muriel's Wedding as well

Gary-Alan
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

I know I mentioned this once in a thread but I'm a Rosalind Russell fanatic... not just a fan!!

I first saw her on TV when the movie Where Angels Go, Trouble Follows. I was in love from that moment on. When other gay boys were looking for Judy I was in love with Roz!

I have warped 5 copies of Auntie Mame. I love that move and her.

And when I need a fix I drop everything and watch something with Roz!
    And when I need to boost my energy it's Gypsy! The last number she does... BAM! I'm refocused. I don't know why.

I'm so gay.

LOL

Gary-Alan

Xstr8guy
    Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    You know what Xstr8guy... I practically do the same thing.

Here's a pic of PJ Hogan

He wrote the story for Muriel's Wedding as well

Gary-Alan
    Cool! Thanks for the info! Has he wrote/directed anything else? Because if he has, I MUST see it.

Originally posted by Xstr8guy
    Cool! Thanks for the info! Has he wrote/directed anything else? Because if he has, I MUST see it.
    I didn't realize he wrote and directed this latest version of Peter Pan and My Best Feidns Wedding.

Here's a link with his filmogrpahy:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0389591/

Xstr8guy
    I suppose I could have done a google search and found that myself? But thanks for doing the leg-work for my lazy ass!

Imo, it would seem that PJ Hogan doesn't have a great body of work under his belt, yet. Nothing else in his filmography really lights my fire.

Originally posted by Xstr8guy
    I suppose I could have done a google search and found that myself? But thanks for doing the leg-work for my lazy ass!

Imo, it would seem that PJ Hogan doesn't have a great body of work under his belt, yet. Nothing else in his filmography really lights my fire.
    LOL Actually you could have googled but I have that site book marked.

I'm a freak for info!

Gary

Jasun
    My guilty pleasure is doing mean stuff to people I don't know but who still manage to piss me off.

I cycle really quietly up behind roller bladers who go to slow and take up three lanes swaying back and forth, and then make a really loud noise to scare them and make them fall down.

key the cars of people who double-park.

I once sat behind a woman on the street car who was having an incredibly loud cell-phone conversation that went on for about 20 minutes and was about either stupid stuff that didn't need to be talked about ("you know last night i was buying shoes, and the lady in the store had this ugly shirt on...") or personal stuff I don't want to hear about (" so my sister slept with that guy she met at the bingo Hall again last week.. and he was walking around in his underwear"). I had had all that I could take, so I grabbed my cell phone, and had a louder (much louder) conversation (fake.. I didn't waste anyone else's time) about how irritating she was and how bad her blonde dye job was and how she was wearing a really ugly Wal-Mart dress and it had what looked like a cum stain dripping down the back and how I think she should switch to de-odourant pads next time. The rest of the people on the street var laughed their heads off, and she got off at the next stop.

That story still makes me feel all tingly.

BDBionic
    1. Girl Scout Thin Mint Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream
    2. Staying up past 3am
    3. Cheesy horror movies
    4. Group sex

:eek:

Jasun
    Originally posted by BDBionic
    1. Girl Scout Thin Mint Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream
    2. Staying up past 3am
    3. Cheesy horror movies
    4. Group sex

:eek:
    :jasun:Can I come over to your place?:jasun:

BDBionic
    Bring straight boys!

haha

and when you guys would joke around about that being the :jasun: smiley I didn't actually realize until just now that it is indeed the :jasun: smiley!

Jasun
    Bring straight boys!
    The second time.

The first time it's just you and me and a big tub of Girl Scout Thin Mint Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream.

And two spoons.

hmm...

One spoon. :jasun:

BDBionic
    who needs utensils? 8)

Jasun
    who needs utensils? 8)
    [exit Jasun on cell phone booking a flight to LA, looking up the number for the Girl Scouts of America LA Office and swinging by the local Fried Chicken restaurant to grab a big handful of Wet-Naps]

:jasun: This little piggy goes....