Thread: Waiting for the GD Server

Dzinerbear

Waiting for the GD Server

Hi all,

I've been doing a lot of work on my site today. And I'm hoping someone out there uses Dreamweaver and the synchronization feature.

Every time I hit the synchro button, things churn away for a while, and then, they stall while we "wait for the server." After 30-60 seconds it starts again.

What are we waiting for? It's most irritating.

Thanks
    Dzinerbear

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    No idea Michael sorry

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    oddly i've been getting the same message too with DW from time to time recently
    I usually try to stop it and try to connect again.

also DW seems to stay logged into my FTP and not timing out, which is interesting since preferences are all at default

I am not sure about how DW's ftp works, but I know from experience that frontpage has a habit of hanging and the best way to fix this is to reboot your PC and restart everything then reconnect.

I would recommend using a program like cuteFTP to do your uploads, embedded ftp programs always lack loads of standard stuff and using a real ftp program will make your life a lot easier.

cheers,
    Luke

Dzinerbear
    Yeah, but the nice thing about Dreamweaver's synchronization feature is that you can just highlight a bunch of folders, hit synchro, and it would check the server for old files and upload the new ones.

WS_FTP didn't seem to have that feature.

I guess I'll have a look at Cute and see what it's got.

Cheers
    Michael