Thread: Designers What Type Of Information Do You Like..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Designers What Type Of Information Do You Like..

Your design clients to give you when they get you to start work on a new project?

Obviously you need to know the type of content and the name of the site but what else o you usually ask for?

Do you have a specific list of items you have to ask or do you pretty much judge each job on an individual basis?

Regards,

Lee

Well ... a typical first contact usually has the following:

1. type of site they want ... am I doing the design only and they are able to add in the content, or do they need a completely designed site, with all sub pages, sub folders, content and linking done for them.

2. if they can webmaster it once the design is finished, I usually ask what program they are using to create the html in, so I can anticipate compatiability problems.

3. what resolution do they want it built to

4. color preferences

5. do they have a logo or need one made - if making new headers - type they want - fancy text graphic, icon/clip art style or photograph style or a combo of several. If an icon graphic - what type of character are they wanting.

6. sub "title" -- ie: the domain logo with something like "The largest collection of gay movies on the net" type thing.

7. I try to get some idea of what they want used for sales/marketing text, and insist on it if I'm not familiar with the niche

8. usually by the time they contact a designer, they've collected a few sites they like the look and feel of, so I always ask if they have some sites to show me about what they envision for theirs.

9. If a portal or tgp/link list site, what programs are they using so that I build something compatible template wise.

10. usually a lot of little questions about what they do or don't know about maintaining a site with certain features, like CSS, ssi, and such... and how comfortable are they with editing html if needed. Based on what I learn of their capabilities, I try to build something I know they can update pretty easily and not wreck the design.

11. when are they needing it completed by.

I'm sure there is more, but that's what come to mind at the moment.
    Last edited by Bec; 07-29-2004 at 06:54 PM.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Wow awesome response Bec thank you so much for taking the time to reply :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee