Thread: Any Original Ideas Left In Adult?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Any Original Ideas Left In Adult?

Just figured i would ask what you all thougth abotu this question.

Do you actually think there are any 'original' ideas left in the adult industry?

A lot of the sponsors all seem to be launching sites that are pretty much rip-offs of each other.

They all seem to trying to break into mainstream products too.

How long do you think it will be before we see any new major changes in the adult industry?

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    yes.

desslock
    Necessity is the mother of invention.

As technology continues to move forward, so will new ways to present the oldest profession.

Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake Buck Angel's Avatar
    Well I think my idea is pretty original. But what a bitch it is to market!!

Kezza
    I have hundreds of original ideas in my head... getting them out of there is another thing altogether!

Buck Angel, I have to agree with you your idea was one of the most original I had seen for a long time, but marketing it is challenging to say the least! But I am still trying

Camper than a row of tents

Re: Any Original Ideas Left In Adult?

I think adult webmasters have a tendency to turn a blind eye towards the truly innovative ideas out there since they usually go against what they've been programmed to believe is the "correct" way.

Then the innovator is brushed off as probably being a dumb newbie for actually doing that stuff.

For instance, look at board critique requests. Anytime someone does something different they get bashed. Yet when someone asks about their cookie cutter piece of garbage, they are praised left and right.

EddieK
    Hey Buck and Kezza that's why I am around! :specs:

Check out my site when you have time !!!

BDBionic
    I think there are a great many original ideas just waiting to be fashioned in to reality mainly on account of the fact that so many people are unwilling to do anything other than what's being done by everyone else.

As creative and resourceful as adult industry webmasters, producers and other such folk can be, there's an apparent and startling lack of originality in how a lot of businesses are run, products marketed, sites promoted, material developed and produced, etc.

There are a dozen companies I actively work with right now, and a fair deal more that I've worked with over the course of the last year and a half.

Each and every single one of them has seen a steady and even quite marked increase in both traffic and revenue. Not trying to toot my own horn here, but I simply couldn't produce those kind of results recycling the same old ideas over and over again with each and never coming up with an original idea for any.

Every company is structured differently, run by different people, and producing something that is to whatever degree different than anyone else. And so the means through which to make them successful are likewise unique to each one.

And originality can be found not just in how you promote and push things already developed, but what's developed in the first place. That 9 out of 10 new creations are cookie cutter versions of ones that came prior leaves that remaining spot one with pretty good potential.

Dzinerbear
    Hey,

I've got an original idea, I'm just waiting for some new revenue lines to start so I've got some cash to create it.

It is unfortunate, however, there does seem to be a lot of stealing and copycating going on in this biz. It's easier to copy that create something new.

And BTW, since so many of us think that Buck's site is innovative, maybe we could put links to it on our sites and help out with search engines and traffic. (Buck check out your PMs.)

cheers
    dzinerbear

Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake Buck Angel's Avatar
    Thanks so much for all your guys/girls support. Its really hard starting something new and no one really knowing what to do with it. I really don't fit into any marketing catagory so thats whay I think webmasters are having a hard time with me.

You would think people would want something new to look at instead of the same stuff all the time.

:wacko: Buck

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Buck.. lets sit down during the show and see if we can come up with some ways to help you get more webmasters promoting your site :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee