Thread: Content provider *sighing*

Scorpio

Content provider *sighing*

Ok is it me or it's getting very hard to access content providers websites?

I've been looking around for some content in exchange of designs. And most of the time, i have to sign up, so i do, and then it says "authorization pending - 2-3 days waiting".. are you kidding me?

Fuck that. If i need content right now, i ain't gonna wait 3 days just to see if the shit is good or not. Loss of clients for them.

It's just plain annoying for me. I had to signup for 20 accounts today to see that their stuff was not good.

I don't mind a login for big content providers but not small content providers who have 10 sets in their sites... OR at least approve the account right away!

Rainbo1956
    Scorpio, that's my number 1 reason for staying with the tried and true content providers.

In the past I signed up to have a look at some content at a certain place (it was all crap) and I started getting all kinds of email from them and others, even though I "unchecked" the box that said "I wish to receive updates".

A smart content provider will have a few thumbs for you to take a peek at....just to see if you're even interested.

Signing up and receiving a pw is ok....but, waiting any time like that is fricking crazy!

So, no more for me. Just sticking with the ones I know.

Scorpio
    Totally i agree with you.And all those infos they ask about you. WHY?
    don't they need a name and email address, that's all? no i have to put phone number, whole address... just pointless.
    One day, we'll have to put our credit cards number ;(

graphicsbytia
    Hiya Scorpio

I agree with you 100% and that's why when I started our content site I made it open with opt in mailing list.

I'm a designer too and was always frustrated with sites that made me sign up. I don't like to be forced to not only be on someone's mailing list, but made to wait to see the product.. just doesn't make sense to me.

We like to have people on our mailing list too.. but not because all they wanted to do was browse.

Check out our site http://www.midnightdigital.com I've made it as easy to browse around as possible

Scorpio
    Hi Tia

Went to check your content... very nice... plus easy to browse through!

Mahoney
    I understand what your saying. The username is twiggy6 and the pass is 3474jm. Here are some samples

http://www.worldwidecontent.com/zipO...aySamples.html

Mention GWW and your first scene is FREE :angel:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thats one thing that annoys me too

The least they could do is provide a 'guest' login like Ounique does that way ill actually get to see the content they have before closing my browser and going to a different company.

Time is money.. im not going to waste it filling out forms to see content that i might not even buy $0.02

Regards,

Lee

CraJack

100% agree

I agree that it is stupid to require people to sign up to see what you are trying to sell them. Just not good business in my head.

You wait and wait, and then find out they are trying to sell you the same things that everyone else has. So I gave up and started making all of my own.

What kind of content are you looking for?? I have lots of contacts so i may be able to direct you if you want.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    You know, I like the way dale's site is done. You can see samples without logging in. Plus you do not have to dig arround for what you want. Granted, it is all twink, but I'm sure that will change.

Don also has a great site for content. The only thing that I do not like about it there is to much stuff. Everytime I'm there I loose my mind and click EVERYTHING. Then you look at your total! OMG! A few times it was like your at the store, clerk is ringing you up, and you notice that you left your wallet at home. :specs:

The content sites that I hate are the one's that you buy 1 thing from 2 years ago. Nothing is changed, but they feel the need to send you 3-5 emails per month to show you what new girls they have. *cough PAUL*
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

Ounique
    Originally posted by Lee
    Thats one thing that annoys me too

The least they could do is provide a 'guest' login like Ounique does that way ill actually get to see the content they have before closing my browser and going to a different company.

Time is money.. im not going to waste it filling out forms to see content that i might not even buy $0.02

Regards,

Lee
    Somebody call my name? :kiss:

Jasun
    Originally posted by Ounique
    Somebody call my name? :kiss:
    you must be used to people calling your name by now, stud, but in this case, the guy's not on his back with a ball gag in his mouth.

:jasun:

Ounique
    Originally posted by Jasun
    you must be used to people calling your name by now, stud, but in this case, the guy's not on his back with a ball gag in his mouth.

ah... but your logic is flawed, Grasshopper. How can one call out a name with a ball gag in. That is what a ball gag is used for... to keep your trap shut while one does wonderful, unspeakable things to you. :specs:

Jasun
    Originally posted by Ounique
    How can one call out a name with a ball gag in. T
    that's why you weren't sure if it was your name or just a pleading grunt.

Geez, try to keep up, ok?