Thread: Has Anyone Else Noticed..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Has Anyone Else Noticed..

The sudden surge in outsourcing companies lately?

Seems like every board i go to the place is in-undated with people posting about outsourcing companies :eek:

Is this really the way the industry is moving?

Regards,

Lee

Scorpio
    I hear ya!
    Personally, i got 4 clients of mine who used those companies once, and told me they'd never go back to them and that you get what you pay for. Get real! $800-$1000 a month, this is ridiculous... oh yeah, they're gonna make your site great!

AusCoding Allan
    I've always wanted to try them out and see what they can do. Has anyone heard anything positive about outsourcing companies?

Cheers,

Allan

Scorpio
    I know Adonis69 who posts here can probably give us more details.

we've used adultoutsourcing. in fact, we're using them again now - Scorpio, different countries have different costs of living. right now, we have a guy with a bachelors who does design, and he seems happy with the pay.

one thing about the guys they get is that they don't usually have experience in our industry, so expect a brief time where they learn the industry.

Scorpio
    Well i understand that... but from the designer point of view, i'm of course against them.
    They're pratically killing the business. I've been online for 4 years and if i had clients coming to me after using an outsourcing business, i'm not too worried. Plus i have 100's of clients on files using me occasionally so i'm well established.

But every week i got 1-2 new designers coming in the business asking me for work because they can't find any. They even lower their prices so low it's unbelievable but i still send them a few quotes i get that i can't take care of. So i do believe me, those outsourcing companies are just one of the reasons why our business is getting bad... just my point of view.

studpuppy
    I don't see your reasoning that outsourcing is ruining our industry. There are good designers, average designers, fair designers, and bad designers. This array exists here in the good old USA also. It is true that you usually get what you pay for. However, quality these days never equates to cost in all aspects of business. Reality is that most of the time you are paying the big bucks for those designer jeans, boxer shorts, tennis shoes, photographer, or graphic artist. And in big business, guess what, it isn't that expensive graphic artist doing the work -- it is the lowly apprentice locked away in some corner of the building.

Take for example Mike from the Philippines. His site designs are the sharpest and most eye catching designs I have seen in years on the net. The next time I need something designed I will definitely use his services. Outsourced - so what - I want quality! Young beginning graphic artists like Mike are not killing the business. They are bringing in new concepts of quality and a freshness that this industry badly needs.

Dzinerbear
    Originally posted by basschick different countries have different costs of living. right now, we have a guy with a bachelors who does design, and he seems happy with the pay.
    Perhaps it's not good to mix philosophy, ethics, and business, but doesn't this amount to supporting a sweatshop environment.

I mean didn't we tar and feather Kathi Lee for allegedly doing the same kind of thing?

And shouldn't we supporting our own people, in our own countries first? I understand that it's a lot more attractive paying a designer $895 a month than $895 a week, but don't we end up paying for it somewhere along the line in increased unemployment.

Just some thoughts to ponder.
    Dzinerbear

Dzinerbear, this is not my company but one that i work closely with at this time - and they have spent many thousands on u.s. programmers in the last three months. they have a design currently underway with webinc and another with quashe. someone in virginia and another person in canada do the video encoding. we also have someone in new jersey doing a new member area.

for financial reasons, for these sites to have regularly new fresh banners, fhg and fpa's it was either we do them - and we have neither the time nor the skills - or pay an outsourcing company.

wasn't kathi lee's company using children who worked 12 hours per day and getting paid a below-cost-of-living wage within their country? this is an adult person over 21 years old who finds the money adequate and works 8 hours per day.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    Honestly, I prefer to use Steve. He is very very good, and I can yell at him or flurt with him. Either way, we still are friends and we still work and get things done. Not to mention, he has great prices.

There are only 1 other company that I would use. That is Mike. I talked to him in private and he is very nice, and willing to work with people. I was reading a post somewhere about a guy wanting a simple TGP site made. One of those outsourcing company jumped right in and said "I will give you the BEST deal ever! $995!"

Ya know, for that price I better get dinner and a hooker.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>