Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Relax?

Ounique

I Wonder? How Do You Relax?

What do you guys do to relax at the end of the day. You know, you've been at it for 12 hours, your head is full of stats, content images, IM boxes... What do you do to get away from it all when you don' have the luxury of actually getting away from it all?

Dawgy
    i havent gotten to since i have been in florida, but in phoenix i used to go down to the children's hospital & cheer up the kiddos. totally takes ur mind off everything.

Ounique
    Originally posted by Dawgy
    i havent gotten to since i have been in florida, but in phoenix i used to go down to the children's hospital & cheer up the kiddos. totally takes ur mind off everything.
    Are you serious??? What a totally awesome thing to do.

God, like I have any spare moments to give for any more volunteer work, LOL! And now you've stuck this idea in my head. Ugh.

Sana Chan
    I like to get out my classical nature CDs. The sound of waves crashing on the ocean with classical music mixed in. No sunburns or sand in my ass. Its great.

The best thing I've ever done to relax is kinda silly. I go to walmart and buy coloring books (dun care, prefer disney princess for some reason) and I color all night.

Jasun
    I get on my bike, I rev the engine REALLY loud, and I start driving aimlessly for hours, taking random turns and getting off at random exits off the highway. I've driven thorugh some amazing backwater places with lots of trees. When I've been doing this for a few hours, I get off the bike, find a secluded place, I turn off the bike, drag out my headphones and BLARE Slayer into my head. I bring a pack of filterless cigarettes.

It's the only thing that keeps me from obeying the voices in my head that say things like "Kill them all" and "They're all against you" or "Find Scorpio and ravage him".

Rainbo1956
    I fish, usually with the neighbor kids...they're all awesome!

They come to my door and knock, just to get me out there with them....everyday in fact ( most every morning) Sorry to say I have to work, but, I maKe sure I take enough time out to get out on the dock with them or at least go get them all the nightcrawlers they need.

AusCoding Allan
    Originally posted by Sana Chan
    I like to get out my classical nature CDs. The sound of waves crashing on the ocean with classical music mixed in. No sunburns or sand in my ass. Its great.
    I have about 5 of those CD's and I definitely make use of them - I shut my door, turn off the lights, pull down my blind and lie on my bed with my eyes closed and just absorb the music - works a treat.

cheers,

Allan

Dawgy
    Originally posted by Ounique
    Are you serious??? What a totally awesome thing to do.

God, like I have any spare moments to give for any more volunteer work, LOL! And now you've stuck this idea in my head. Ugh.
    hehe... i wouldnt say it relieves stress, but it definitely gets ur mind off ur own problems. none of us could possibly have anything work related that is as bad as what those kids deal with.

at first it was really scary, but the kids make u feel at home & its easy to just relax and focus on them. every little smile, every little hug... *sigh*

Jasun
    Originally posted by Sana Chan
    I like to get out my classical nature CDs. The sound of waves crashing on the ocean with classical music mixed in.
    You know it's funny. Those CDs actually make me more stressed out than I was before.. it's gotta be screaming death metal, so I can't unwind. Go figure.

Sana Chan
    Originally posted by Jasun
    You know it's funny. Those CDs actually make me more stressed out than I was before.. it's gotta be screaming death metal, so I can't unwind. Go figure.
    Everyone to their own. Those are the only CDs I listen to. When I want to make myself happy I put on my Prince CDs and funk it all afternoon. Learned that little trick in therapy.

His new CD, "Musicology" so totally rocks. I got Tala addicted to it with one listen.

Jasun
    I'm a HUGE prince fan from way back.

I just saw his show. It sucked. Really really bad.

He's changed all the words to all of his old songs, so they aren't dirty anymore. What's the point?

I've got the new album.. it's ok.. a lot better than "Rainbow children" or "Emancipation" or "Anarchy and Chaos' or "Beautiful Experience". I should listen to it a bit more.. my best friend loves it.

Ounique
    Not much for the nature CDs but I love ambient music, not just the techno stuff but things like Brian Eno and great atmospheric music also. Really love Cocteau Twins for relaxing also. They are my favorite band. Who can't love songs with titles like "A Kissed Out Red Floatboat" and "Pearly Dewdrops Drops".

Sana Chan
    Originally posted by Jasun
    I'm a HUGE prince fan from way back.

I just saw his show. It sucked. Really really bad.

He's changed all the words to all of his old songs, so they aren't dirty anymore. What's the point?

I've got the new album.. it's ok.. a lot better than "Rainbow children" or "Emancipation" or "Anarchy and Chaos' or "Beautiful Experience". I should listen to it a bit more.. my best friend loves it.
    He only changed them because he's a Jeh. Wit. now. They won't be changed on the CDs, just in his concerts. I was got to see his Hit And Run Tour when it came to Nashville. I was so happy. It was a b-day present from my dad.

Jasun
    well obvouslty he's not gonna go back and rerecord all his old hits, but I grew up with Prince, and "Little Red Corvette" was always about a fast girl who "Belives in making out once" Now it's about a girl who "Dreams of making out once" and in DMSR, it used to be "No sin to strip right down to your underwear". Now it's "No sin to get funky and have fun". In almost every song he did, he's made "Family Friendly" versions.

He's still got it.. he can still sing and still dance and still play guitar, but Sanitized Prince is still Sanitized.

Oh, but I did go back and listen to Musicology last night, and you're right.. it's a really great record.. a bit more understated than his older stuff, but really good. Like side three of "Sign O the Times".

Sana Chan
    He has toned down but he's also 45 years old and in his second marriage after losing the only child he ever had to a birth defect in his first marriage.

I think a little change is good for artists, it lets them explore paths that they don't take because they are "expected to sing and make music a certain way." How selfish is that of his listeners?

I see the Beatles the same way. Everyone gets pissed at Yoko Ono for marrying John. Well she also gave him a loving and loyal wife along with a beautiful son. The guy found happiness and all his fans are pissed at his chick because he doesn't make the music they want any more. Just my opinion.