Thread: Whats Worse? Freeloading Surfers Or..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Whats Worse? Freeloading Surfers Or..

Freeloading webmasters?

Given that the Internext show is a few days away now i was looking around several of the industys message forums only to find that webmasters on almost all of them are bitching and complaining that there are not many free parties for them to attend, I mean WTF?

The shows are there to get face-to-face business done not to get drunk at the expense of a sponsor who, in all reality, you are never going to send a hit to or speak to again until they throw their next party at the next show.

Is there really any wonder that there are not that many free parties this show? Personally i dont think there is, most of the parties i have attended in the past have been thron by sponsors that we actually work closely with and were personally invited to or, that we threw ourselves.

I really wish the industry would start to grow up and realize how much of a 'bad way' it is currently in. The mind truely boggles at some of the shit happening everyday in this industry, unscrupulous billing practices, scamming the surfers and each other.

By the Vegas show im pretty sure that there will be even fewer parties than there are at the Florida show not only because the costs for them have increased now the venue has changed but for the fact that 90% of webmasters attending parties thrown by sponsors always want more and give very little, if anything back in return.

Anyway sorry just had to rant about that.

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    that's because a lot "webmasters" are here to make beer money

I love free parties and I reckon that these multi-million $ companies should throw us hard working guys a few bones! Anyway, there are always lots of free parties that you can get into at the last minute, all you have to do is meet people and you will get a full party schedule in no time.

Now I am sad that I will not be partying it up with you guys this weekend Oh well, have fun and take LOTS of pics!!!

cheers,
    Luke

studpuppy
    I find the freeloading webmasters the worst. You expect the surfers and occasionally they will spend some money hopefully. But the webmasters, well, most of them find out where all the freebies are, come and demand to be wined and dined until their stomachs burst and they fall down flat assed drunk. They moan that you would have draft beer and well drinks and here's the filet mignon? And most of them have never sent you one click of traffic.

I was really thinking of hosting a big party for all of you at my resturant on the strip in Fort Lauderdale. However, my business partner (he controls the web portion of our partnership - the resturant is mine outright) won't put up 10 cents for any alcohol saying it was not worth the expense. Can't blame him because the last such party he hosted all he heard about was what I mentioned in the opening of my post.

Well I am flying to Athens tomorrow for the Olympics as my nephew will be trying for his gold medal. I wish you all a pleasant time in Dania. Perhaps next time we can all get together for a nice dinner once I get to know you all better.

Originally posted by studpuppy
    Well I am flying to Athens tomorrow for the Olympics as my nephew will be trying for his gold medal.
    Too kewl! who is it? and what event? I will keep my eyes open for him.

cheers,
    Luke

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Originally posted by Chilihost
    Too kewl! who is it? and what event? I will keep my eyes open for him.

cheers,
    Luke
    Yeah I second that motion, except that I will be away for most of it !! Who are we cheering on?

I will go to parties for sure (if you build it, ToyBoy will come), but you will never see our money spent on a piss-up for the general population, but for sure the wallet will open for small gatherings of friends.

My 2c

:biker:

freechess
    well i think theirs no such thing as a bad web hit but cheers

studpuppy
    The event is the 200 meter butterfly. I can't mention his name as his parents and my family would castrate me if this thread got indexed by the SE's. Let's just say he is the youngest male Olympian since 1932.

studpuppy
    Actually this is his second Olympics - we are hoping for 8 gold medals.

Originally posted by studpuppy
    Actually this is his second Olympics - we are hoping for 8 gold medals.
    Wow! Please be sure to let us know how he does!! My next door neighbor's son was in the Olympics, on the boxing team. He didn't bring home a medal, but did OK for himself ... we were just as proud of him either way. It was monumental that he made the team.

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Go "Whoever-You-Are" in the 200 'fly !!!

:biker:

Roster

Found a LOT of kids from Ohio this year, including one from Akron, my hometown! I sure give them alot of credit for working so hard for the honor of being selected and competing like this!

So what's everyone's fav competition in the Summer games? I'm looking forward to the new women's freestyle wrestling :devil:

Chris Alan
    So Lee, which parties are we going to be freeloading on this year at FL. Didn't recieve the hit list from you.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Chris Alan
    So Lee, which parties are we going to be freeloading on this year at FL. Didn't recieve the hit list from you.
    We arent LOL

Non of them look any good to me in all honesty. Guess it depends on where i get invited while at the show

Regards,

Lee