Thread: Define 'Cheating' For Me

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Define 'Cheating' For Me

I have been reading a thread on another forum this morning which kinda made me laugh because in it, someone was accused of being a 'cheat' by an affiliate program and then several members of that board, the owners included decided for themselves that the webmaster the thread was about was in fact a cheater.

Now, the thing is, upon reading all of the information available in the thread 2 things have become apparent to me..

1) A lot of webmasters simply do not know enough about the ins and outs of the adult industry, even those who have worked it for several years and;

2) The guy the thread was posted about is no more of a 'cheater' than 10,000 other webmasters in the adult industry.

In essence what had happened was the webmaster who was accused of being a cheat ran a TGP site and 'skimmed' (or traded) traffic from that site to other galleries and TGPs. Which as i said above, thousands of other TGPs and Link Lists do on a daily basis.

So my question to you is this..

What would YOU define as 'cheating' in the adult industry?

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    I define cheating as:

1. Using pictures, graphics, text that don't belong to you unless you've been given permission by the owner.

2. Cloaking to scam search engine traffic.

3. I do think that when I click on a thumbnail in a TGP that I should get a gallery, not another TGP. Just because everyone does it doesn't mean it's not cheating.

4. Selling anything that you claim increases the size of a penis is cheating.

5. Submitting a page to an AVS and then changing everything two weeks later to funnel traffic to your paysite is cheating.

6. Hotlinking anything without permission is cheating.

7. I think killing the surfer with more than one pop-up is cheating. The surfer has, after all, indicated by closing their browser that they want to leave.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    what did he do?

Dawgy
    if there's no reach-around, its cheating.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    1. Using pictures, graphics, text that don't belong to you unless you've been given permission by the owner.

2. Cloaking to scam search engine traffic.

3. I do think that when I click on a thumbnail in a TGP that I should get a gallery, not another TGP. Just because everyone does it doesn't mean it's not cheating.

4. Selling anything that you claim increases the size of a penis is cheating.

5. Submitting a page to an AVS and then changing everything two weeks later to funnel traffic to your paysite is cheating.

6. Hotlinking anything without permission is cheating.

7. I think killing the surfer with more than one pop-up is cheating. The surfer has, after all, indicated by closing their browser that they want to leave.
    I have to agree with that..

As to the skimming, sad to think that simply because it's done so often its considered okay, sort of like saying well he's a little bit pregnant.. either you are or you ain't as far as I see it.

I do think that if in the submission guidelines it clearly states that 1 out of 10 or whatever clicks will be redirected and I submit, then fine.. i have agreed but to do it without telling.. well to me that is cheating.

just an opinion
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    Dawgy and Dzinerbear nailed it for me. :specs:
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>