Thread: So who's not going ...

Dzinerbear

So who's not going ...

Hey all,

Stuck here in Toronto, just wondering who else isn't going to Florida this weekend.

Dzinerbear

Scorpio
    I'm not going either. Have to many obligations here.

Xstr8guy
    I wish I was going, but I have to show up at my real job ocassionally

Scorpio
    I was never interested in those conventions... i don't know why. Of course i'd like to see and meet people i've been talking online for ages. But conventions themselves are not appealing to me. But it's just me.

Dzinerbear
    No, it's not just you.

I went to the big Search Engine Strategies conference in May here in Toronto. It was touted as the big "don't miss" of the biz.

I didn't really learn a whole lot new. I'd been reading most of the stuff on the boards. And the marketplace was dreadful. It definitely wasn't worth the money, but then, I didn't pay, so I didn't care so much.

I have mixed feelings about missing Florida. It would be nice to meet a lot of these people face to face.

cheers
    dzinerbear

TopBucks_Juan
    I'm still here in Tucson, I didn't go this time...

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    I didn't go either. I feel left out. :cry:

Jim

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

robin
    I'm hoping to go to one next year, one of the events on the West Coast though. Vegas or California...

Never had an urge to go to any of the Search Engine Strategies conferences.

Dzinerbear
    Nicedreams,

Wouldn't want you to feel bad, maybe you could put on another one of those shows for us.

Robin,

I'm a search engine freak. And I do pretty well at getting good rankings for my sites (and my clients, when I had them). When I saw that Search Engine Strategies was coming to Toronto, I thought: Well shit, it's right in my backyard, I might as well check it out and see if there's anything I can learn that will really solidify my SEO skills.

I did pick up a couple of tips here and there, but I was really looking for the golden chalice that I hadn't seen before. Turns out that I had pretty much been doing everything "legal" there is to do to get a good ranking. So, that's why it was so disappointing.

For anyone just starting out, it's probably a good thing to attend.

Cheers
    dzinerbear

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I am stuck here in the sweltering heat. Wish we'd get some rain but oh well.

Not one for conventions either and a lot of the info is available in the forums from those who do go, but it would be nice to meet up with everyone you talk to online.

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Surprisingly enough, a lot of people who were supposed to attend never made this show because of cancelld flights etc due to Charley.

The good new however, is that Charley never even hit us in Hollywood.

Regards,

Lee