Thread: 123Jason Walks for AIDS

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar

123Jason Walks for AIDS

On September 29, 2004 our very own 123Jason will be Steppin’ Out.

Jason will be participating in the Steppin’ Out walk in Detroit. The event will help raise funds fight against AIDS and the struggle to improve the quality of life for all those who are infected and affected by HIV.

Steppin' Out has been fundraising for years. The funds go toward a diverse portfolio of HIV/AIDS organizations and support everything from education/prevention to research to support groups to case/social work organizations just to name a few.

Donation should be made payable to:
    Steppin' Out "Team 201 - Higher Ground"

And can be Mailed to:
    Jason Stuve
    19785 W. 12 Mile Rd. #700
    Southfield, MI 48076

In Jason’s email he spoke some words to live by. I have to share them:
    “Today, I consider myself the luckiest man I know. I have HIV. I also have a man that I love and who loves me in return...without stipulation or condition. I have a family that has stood by me and supported me through every crazy phase of my life and will continue to do so. I have a job that I really enjoy and co-workers who are more than just co-workers, but friends. I have friends and fun. I have good food every day, a warm place to sleep, good medical attention and medicine. My life is a walk in the clouds today. And so that other people may be able to find their cloud to walk on, I'm going to simply walk down the street in Royal Oak Michigan.

Much of what I have is out of the kindness and diligent support of others...it's my turn to give back what I can.”
    Many have come together to support our friend already. Let’s continue that support.

Jason is an asset to our professional world on GWW. But more importantly, he is a treasure in our hearts. So let us all come together and share our good fortune with, not only, our community - but let’s share it with 123Jason, as well.

I wish only the best for you, my friend.

Gary-Alan

RainGurl
    awesome, jason! good luck with your fundraising efforts and the walk!

Jason
    Gary...Truly I am touched. You always know just what to say and how to say it. I'm sitting here trying not to cry, but please know they are tears of joy in the knowledge that I have such beautiful people as you in my life.

Rainey, yours was the first of what I hope are many donations to arrive. Please know that your generosity is appreciated and touches many lives.

I call this community my "virtual family" becuase we commune in cyberspace. But there is nothing "virtual" about our committments, support, compassion and concern for each other.

Thank you.

Sana Chan
    Way to go Jason! I hope you guys raise the money you need, or at least enough to keep people going until more can be raised.

Bell
    good luck in all that you do...

do you have a banner or button with the direct link to the
    organization where donations might be made online with
    a credit card or online check ??

if so - I would like to put that up for you - on my
    Bells Directory TGP
    here:
    http://www.bellsdirectory.com/tgp/

and on some of my blogs...

let me know...

~Bell

eMail:
    evelyn937 (at) lycos.com

alternate eMail:
    DominaOHIO (at) hotmail.com

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Good going & best of luck.

Good idea from Bell too, curious, why don't more gay websites & organizations do that? Have a link on a site for donations?

I'd put something like that up on my sites... be a great way to give back or allow people to give back...

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Bell
    if you all aren't set up for cc. or online check processing

you might want to consider getting the group together and
    brainstorming for a CafeExpress project where we could
    purchase online with a cc. or a check and the proceeds
    go to your group...

just a thought...

hugs from Bell

Jason
    While it is a good idea, unfortunately my team is not set up to take on-line donations. Any of you who wish can feel free to post info re: the walk and payment info on your sites.

I'll look into starting a paypal account for online donations, however, please know that will NOT be an official Steppin' Out account. They are the organization that coordinates the walk. My team is for Higher Ground, which is a support group I attend.

Higher Ground works toward, not only a variety of support systems for those infected, but also outreach and education programs. Apart from our regular weekly meetings, we conduct seminars and hire professional speakers to educate on topics ranging from nutrition to wholistic healing methods and medical treatment. We also create a presence in the community for outreach and education. We are present at Pride festivals and other community events.

If anyone would rather simply make a donation directly to Higher Ground, we are 501-c3 and I can supply you with the appropriate information for personal/corporate tax deductions for your donations. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

jason (at) 123bill (dot) com
    or via icq: 233969317

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    A great guy for a great cause. Awesome, Jason, to literally "Walk the Walk" and you know you already have me on board to put my moneyu where your, err, feet, will be
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com

Tala
    Jason, this is just one more reason for me to adore you and respect you. Much love.

AusCoding Allan
    Jason,

Yet another reason to support the way I have always felt towards you and the other board members here at GWW. It never ceases to amaze me just how supportive and amazing you and our board members are.

Good Luck and with the walk,

Allan

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Damn Jason you just keep adding to that list why we are proud to call you our friend dont you :thumbsup:

Im sure GA Media will be able to donate some funds to this for you

Regards,

Lee

Jason
    Thank you all so much for your love and support. I am honored to call so many of you my collegues as well as my friends. People in mainstream often think that the adult world is filled with terrible people, they are wrong. There is an inherent vulnerability that comes with this line of work. There is a common understanding that we have to foster ourselves as a family to be able to live within that vulnerability. I am continually impressed with the kindness and generosity of the people I have met here.

Thanks

Chipmunk
    That's great Jasun... Hats off too you!
    Do you all take Paypal for donations or strictly checks?

Warm regards,
    --=Chipmunk=--