Thread: Just a reminder ... affiliate programs

Dzinerbear

Just a reminder ... affiliate programs

Hey all,

Just a reminder to everyone to read those terms and conditions of those affiliate programs you're signing up with. I just found one yesterday, when I read the T&C I discovered that if I didn't generate $100 in sales a month, I didn't get paid and there's no carry over.

How short-sighted is that?

Also don't forget to clean out your Private Message area's "out" box, it counts towards your limit size as well.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

desslock
    Really? I'd have to see that to believe it. Maybe they just goofed up their contract language. Some programs don't payout until you hit $100 cumulative (which I think for some programs is a bit high)

Steve

thetwink

Re: Just a reminder ... affiliate programs

Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    Hey all,

Just a reminder to everyone to read those terms and conditions of those affiliate programs you're signing up with. I just found one yesterday, when I read the T&C I discovered that if I didn't generate $100 in sales a month, I didn't get paid and there's no carry over.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear
    What program is that?

Xstr8guy
    I believe D-bear is talking about MaleCorps. They pay 90 days after the period end, too. They also have some language in their TOS about "bad mouthing" their affiliate program on message boards.

Just for the record, if you can make the minimum sales quota with them every month, they are a kick-ass sponsor. They are probably the easiest sell for now. ButtMachineBoys used to be #1, but they stopped updating and rebilling.

robin
    That's just :mental: -- Beats any other TOS I've read...

Dzinerbear
    Originally posted by desslock
    Really? I'd have to see that to believe it.
    Nope. I wrote the website owner and asked and he confirmed. Less than $100 and you lose.

Xstr8guy, them's the ones. And from my end, with a TOS like that, it just smacks of somebody fucking me up the ass (and not in the good way) at some point. Tons of other progs out there, who needs that kind of stuff.

Dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    I would usually agree with you about shady aff. programs. But with MaleCorps the sales came so easy for me, the $100 min. hasn't really been a problem. Other military fetish sites I've tried to sell have never come close.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    There are some weird rules written into affiliate programs T.O.S thats for sure.

I even saw one a few months back that said US based webmasters couldnt use them :eek:

I didnt even bother emailing them to ask why

Regards,

Lee

desslock
    They probably were simply not up for dealing with the hassle of mailing bank checks drawn from their foreign bank, and sending them to US affiliates to deposit - and dealing with the exchange issue.

Steve