Thread: Anyone Know How To Set Linux Up On A PC?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Anyone Know How To Set Linux Up On A PC?

I have some stuff i want to test out but rather than testing it on our server i wanted to install Linux on an old PC we have sitting around the office.

Anyone know how easy / difficult it is to do?

Regards,

Lee

arth_bdx
    depends on the distrib u use, i was on a mandrake 9.1, for a while, the setup is not too hard you just have to check your config, the hardest is to make it run corectly,...

dant
    As a very vocal Linux and FreeBSD advocate, I would suggest joining some mailing lists in the beginning. My distribution of choice is Fedora Core 1. There are several mailing lists (links at bottom of this post) that you can join, and ask more specific questions to. There is also a wonderful Google sub-search (link at bottom) that is very helpful.

www.fedorafaq.org is also another very valueable tool that you can investigate. Linux is not for everyone, and in the beginning, it's very easy to get frustrated. DO not let that bother you, as you share the same feelings with many that have done the same in the past.

PLease feel free to contact me off-list for assistance.

Google Linux: http://www.google.com/linux
    Fedora Mailing Lists: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/

JustMe
    Greetings:

I'm an OpenBSD fan myself. However, if you're just starting out in the linux world, RedHat is by FAR the best distro for you. They're trying very hard to be end-user friendly, and have done the best job out of all of them so far. They also offer tech support, and you can even buy a copy of it on CD, along with manuals, from your local BestBuy.