Thread: I need some advises...

caliente4sex

I Wonder? I need some advises...

Because I am running and gay adult dating site... one of my biggest fears about getting someone to make changes to my site is that all my members info can be stolen and can be sell it to another site... or make to a copy of my site.

What should I do? any suggestions?

Alex PG :baby:
    Last edited by caliente4sex; 08-24-2004 at 03:52 PM.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar

Re: I need some advises...

Originally posted by caliente4sex
    Because I am running and gay adult dating site... one of my biggest fears about getting someone to make changes to my site is that all my members info can be stolen and can be sell it to another site... or make to a copy of my site.

What should I do? any suggestions?

Alex PG :baby:
    Well the answer to that is trust. You have to trust the person you're working with.

If you don't have someone close to you that you can have update your site (other tha you of course) then a legal agreement can be drawn up.

Non-dislcosure and data theft can be stipulated. While this is not going to stop everyone, it will at the very least, give you a legal leg to stand on just in case.

There are a number of trustworthy people working online. I know that at times it doesn't seem like it, but I'm sure you can find someone to work with you. Maybe someone here? I know we have many people we can trust.

My two cents for you

Gary-Alan
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    Why give them the data to make updates on the site? Just give them a blank database to work with. That is what I would do. They can also put some fake stuff in it to test things out.

Gary is right though. Get them to sign a non-dislcosure and data theft agreement.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

caliente4sex

But...

but... I don't have a club how databases work and eventually he will has to access to the server to download it.

Alex PG

As others have said, it comes down to trust. Either you trust the guy or you don't. If you've got red flags on him already, he may not be the one to hire.

caliente4sex

Yea

Yea... I guess that I have to trust him. I think that if he is going to do anything, he will do it even if you put him to work in you own computer.

Thank you All.

Alex PG :coffee:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Alex,

When and if the time arises for someone to work on your databases the easiest method as has already been mentioned would be to just replicate the existing database and fill in a few 'test' fields for them to work with.

In all honesty though, just to be on the safe side i would get some kind of legal document drawn up to so if the worse did happen you would have some form of recourse.

Regards,

Lee