Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2257 format??

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. shelmal's Avatar

2257 format??

Ok I've been looking all over the net and have not been able to find the answer to this. Does anyone know exactly how we are supposed to keep these records? In what form? Does it have to be online? I have the info on most of the pictures i have but have no idea how i'm supposed to organize it. Any of you guys know?

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    There are no real rules on format, other than they need to be indexed. You could keep a box of filing cards like an old library card catalog, but the best way is probably an electronic, searchable database. Remember, right now we are operating under the rules that have been in place for years. Changes have been proposed but not implemented.
    An electronic database seems truly the way to go--get it set up so that you can easily update. One place you could go is www.2257lookup.com--I am not affiliated with that site in any way but I do know they offer services that may meet your needs.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

studpuppy
    Yes we are still under the existing guidelines of 2257 as secondary publishers. However, I do feel that some of the proposed changes will become requirements. These proposed changes to the record keeping requirements are virtually impossible to comply with and many experts feel they are designed to trip you up.

The best way to get all this information together in an indexed matter would be with a database program. However, I would strongly suggest that you print it out and maintain it in folders or binders. You can just add or change a page as needed.

I would never EVER give agents of the DOJ direct access to any computer system under my control without a SEARCH WARRANT. Remember the compliance inspections are not conducted with a search warrant. Once you provide the DOJ with access to your computer you waive ALL RIGHTS to your Constitution Rights in regards to the contents of your computer.

2257 audits can be conducted without a warrant--kind of the same way a health inspector can walk into the local McDonalds without a warrant to make sure they have a clean kitchen. HOwever, only the Attorney General, or someone he specifically appoints, can do so. As of August 24, 2004, Ashcroft had not appointed ANYBODY with the authority to conduct inspections, so only he himself, personally and in the flesh could come into your business.
    I recommend, and the proposed regulations will Require, that 2257 records be kept separated from all other records. So, one way to comply would be to keep all of your 2257 records on one computer that holds nothing else. And back-up records regularly, off site.

Ashcroft really should relax, try a mood altering chemical, and have some really hot sex.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

Ashcroft really should relax, try a mood altering chemical, and have some really hot sex.
    My wife is of the opinion he probably does all three... while wearing women's underwear ...

Bell
    Originally posted by Bec
    My wife is of the opinion he probably does all three... while wearing women's underwear ...

I can almost... almost see him in
    fishnets as well...

~Bell

Xstr8guy
    Originally posted by Bec
    Yep... A*s*h*c*r*o*f*t as whacked out as Hoover and look how Hoover lived his private life!

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Bec
    What Bec said:wtf:
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com

Ashcroft having sex in women's underwear. Now THERE is an unwanted mental image.

Thanks guys. I am going to have nightmares.

:cry:
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    The reality is, until these new changes do get passed and written into law nobody will actually know what is and what isnt acceptable, including lawyers.

Regards,

Lee

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. shelmal's Avatar
    Thanks for the info guys. I know we dont know if it will go into effect and if so what it should look like excatly However I think its best to have some kind of database ready regardless of what happens.
    Thanks Chad for the URL. Ill have to check that out. Also someone spamed my board with software that they say will keep records for you but dont know how good it is.
    Ok now comes the dumb question. Never made a database in my life. whats the best way to do this? Excel?

There are a lot of spreadsheets out there.

Excel is fairly universal, so you can find a lot of instruction on how to use it, you can find a lot of starving college students that know how to use it if you don't want to learn, and starving college students as part-time data entry are easily replaced if they don't pass muster. I once was a starving college student, so be nice~

Once you learn just a few things about Excel it would be easy to use and maintain.

There are other programs out there, but Excel is probably the most popular choice.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

studpuppy
    I am actually working on building a database based on Excel with all the tables and relational keys. It could be used directly by Excel or within its own very powerful program. My contracted project ended yesterday so I am now free to start my own project. I have been preparing to program a webmaster software series for a while now. Any suggestions as to what you guys would like to see -- let me know. All of you will be able to BETA test this stuff.

For those with Excel and would like to begin to build a database, I could post responses to your questions as to building this data base step by step. Just let me know!

Thanks guys. I have Excel but never even opened it before. Thanks for the offer studpuppy. I"m going to try and see what I can do this weekend and I may have to take you up on your offer

studpuppy
    Actually I meant to say that my program will be using Access - not EXCEL. Spreadsheets can be powerful but due to their nature tons of data will be duplicated in fields creating huge files with redunant data.

With a data base you create tables of information and then relationships to other tables. It is quite complex but powerful. Then you create reports or queries and the report is created.

Like I mentioned before I can help with either and can explain more fully what I am talking about.