Thread: What Type Of Hosting Plan Are You On?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Type Of Hosting Plan Are You On?

Im trying to come up with a few stats for something we have in the works atm and would like to know how many of you folks have the following types of hosting setup..

Dedicated
    Virtual
    Free
    Shared
    Co-Located

Also, why did you choose the type of hosting plan you currently have and, was price a determining factor to you?

Regards,

Lee

markslivecam
    Hey,

I have a 20mbps dedicated server. Its very cost effective and lets me post whatever I want on it, without worrying about bandwidth. It was a special offer deal, low price so that was the deciding factor

arth_bdx

What Type Of Hosting Plan Are You On?

Hey i'm new around,
    this is my first post.

I personally have unlimited space, php/mysql, pop mail, ... @ maisonx.com for free, the only thing is that it is a bit slow, there are some adds, and no stats.
    But it's free, so waiting to be rich, it'll do. ;-)

arth

Re: What Type Of Hosting Plan Are You On?

Originally posted by arth_bdx
    the only thing is that it is a bit slow, there are some adds, and no stats.
    you get what you pay for LOL!!! Once you are in the biz for a while you will learn that free hosting is really a waste of time.

cheers,
    Luke

arth_bdx
    yeah i know but it's still on debugging, once it's really done i'll get a real host, i've surfed aroud the forum and saw some interesting things, but i can't pay more than 10 euros per month

JustBryce
    Not a whole lot of replies here yet. Hopefully this will help.

We co-locate. We have 8 load-balanced servers in a full-rack and a 100mbps pipe with level3. We use Internap for route optimization. We have 2 part-time sys admins who do a pretty good job at keeping us up and fast.

We colocated because of two primary reasons. The first is that our system is pretty propriatary. We keep our webservers in a load-balanced environment and use storage arrays for our content. We have a seperate database server and all traffic to the DB occurs using the second nic cards (internal) on the boxes. We run our own DNS and Mail servers. Mosts hosts don't want to mess with that kind of specilization. The second reason is that it is more economical to cut out the middle-man and buy in bulk. Granted, we do spend a lot of money on hosting each month, but we have Tier 1 Bandwidth with path optimization and sys admins who are intimately familiar with our setup.