Thread: Has Anyone Else Noticed That More People Are Questioning..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Has Anyone Else Noticed That More People Are Questioning..

The quality of design work as of late?

It used to be that many webmasters would only take the 'high end' quality design work but now it seems like more and more of them are questioning not only the quality of the design itself but also the amount of time it takes to do a good design, especially in relation to the new 'reality' style tours where one good layout can be used over and over again.

Has anyone else (designers?) noticed this or not?

Regards,

Lee

urb
    Hi,

I think it takes time and care to do a good design. I also think that there's a lot of designers using templates to do fast turnarounds instead of designing from scratch.

Often I find webmasters are wanting designs in an unrealistic time frame, they wait til the last minute and want it done yesterday. While I certainly try to give everyone a totally unique design, lets face it, sites comprised of 3 or 4 tables and columns are going to start looking like someone else's site eventually.

Basically the original look evolves through the graphics, and those are time intensive... and many aren't willing to pay for that time. I'd say that's probably why the "cookie cutter" look evolved the way it did.

Think one of my pet peeves are webmasters wanting the long page style tour used on many reality sites and expect it to get priced out at as a standard (800x420) tour page price... when it's actually equivalent to a 2-3 page tour.