Thread: U.S. Rep. Schrock drops re-election bid over allegations

TheLegacy

U.S. Rep. Schrock drops re-election bid over allegations

VIRGINIA BEACH — U.S. Rep. Ed Schrock abruptly announced his retirement late Monday, citing unspecified allegations that “called into question my ability to represent the citizens of Virginia’s 2nd Congressional District.”

The two-term Republican did not answer questions or address the allegations.

A Washington-based activist claimed on his Web site that Schrock engaged in homosexual activity, but offered no evidence. Schrock has refused to confirm or deny the allegations for two weeks.

Allegations about Schrock, 63, emerged two weeks ago, on Aug. 19, when a Web site called blogACTIVE.com posted claims that Schrock engaged in homosexual activity. Schrock is married and has an adult son. Michael Rogers, the Web site publisher, accused Schrock of being a hypocrite for opposing gay-rights issues."

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories...982&ran=126361

Patrick
    Thanks for the update. I can't stand hypocrites (if he in fact is one). Seems like those that are the most concerned about homosexuality are the ones with insecurities with themselves. Kind of like President Bush trying to divert attention to what's really going on. Wanting the world to be like an episode of 'Leave It To Beaver' and not living in today's real loving diverse world.

TheLegacy
    Originally posted by Patrick
    Thanks for the update. I can't stand hypocrites (if he in fact is one). Seems like those that are the most concerned about homosexuality are the ones with insecurities with themselves. Kind of like President Bush trying to divert attention to what's really going on. Wanting the world to be like an episode of 'Leave It To Beaver' and not living in today's real loving diverse world.
    very true... thats the sad thing when you become a crusader against anything, you cant leave skeletons at home in the closet