Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who sells content with 2257 data today

_ap_

WTF? who sells content with 2257 data today

Interesting snippet of info for those that aren't aware, based on the current law (not the proposed amendments), we are required to keep 2257 records for ALL CONTENT, TODAY.

That's regardless of whether we produced it ourselves or bought it from someone else, and regardless of whether the new 2257 laws happen or not.

This is what you need to read: Sec. 75.2 Maintenance of records.

So here's a good question..

Which content providers sell gay content today that includes primary producer's details, model ID & release paperwork?

I know the crew at boycontent already do, who else?

ap.

Ounique
    Ounique.com always has you covered.

graphicsbytia
    We provide the documents to satisify the current laws and the proposed changes also.

_ap_ I was curious, after so many posts about this, what makes you ask this question now? Is there something in particular you're concerned about?

_ap_
    hey tia,

Thx for the reply, just checking out your site now.

Yeah there is - I've been doing the ring around chasing new content and documenting old, and I keep getting a whole lot of "no". Thought it might be easier just to ask who can say "yes".

ap.

graphicsbytia
    Originally posted by _ap_
    hey tia,

Thx for the reply, just checking out your site now.

Yeah there is - I've been doing the ring around chasing new content and documenting old, and I keep getting a whole lot of "no". Thought it might be easier just to ask who can say "yes".

ap.
    you're getting no from some providers? uh oh.. that's not good.

You mean they're telling you they aren't going to comply until they have to, or are they saying they can't comply at all?

I know some are still in the process of changing over their sets to be compliant with the 2257 docs, and may not have everything in place yet. I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt and say that perhaps this is the case?

_ap_
    No its not that dire, we've already tracked down some quality content providers that have their paperwork together, but we are looking for more.

You are right its more a case of many are a bit behind with their paperwork, give it a month or two and they will be over the hump. Still others are hesitant to give up information like their primary producers details which sec. 75.2 requires.

The lack of understanding is probably the biggest problem - a common misconception is that 2257 is not relevant yet so we don't need the docs yet, when in reality it has been for a long time.

Dawgy
    ap i can sell u content with all documents, or provide u with two high quality leased gallery feeds & u dont even need the 2257 stuff.

dawgy@woofmedia.com

bigbanger
    Originally posted by _ap_
    No its not that dire, we've already tracked down some quality content providers that have their paperwork together, but we are looking for more.

You are right its more a case of many are a bit behind with their paperwork, give it a month or two and they will be over the hump. Still others are hesitant to give up information like their primary producers details which sec. 75.2 requires.

The lack of understanding is probably the biggest problem - a common misconception is that 2257 is not relevant yet so we don't need the docs yet, when in reality it has been for a long time.
    IMHO, there was a case (sundance) that went before the courts sueing over this matter. I believe the ruling was that secondary producers were not required to keep this info. Only the primary was.

Check out www.2257lookup.com, there is a primer on 2257

Hope this helps. If you have other question, ask brandon @ 2257lookup.com

_ap_
    Hey BB,

Its my understanding that sundance is relevant to the 10th circuit court of appeals, which only covers us in 10 states.

Sundance is great for video stores in that area, but for us net folks its a bit different.

The American Library Association vs. Reno case is worth a mention, which is supportive of the secondary produce requirements. It highlights an important question - what happens if we don't have the records and a content provider goes out of business?

ap.

Exclusive Custom Gay Content Lykos's Avatar
    We always did that:angel:

Mahoney
    The new 2257 has not passed and probbably will not. If and when it does we will be providing the neccessary documents. Until then we feel that it's a violation of the models rights.

_ap_
    No probs john.

You've got a ton of good video content, let me know when you are ready to send the docs and we can do business that day.

ap.

_ap_
    Thx Lykos, your site doesn't work too good on my Mac so I'll take a look and zap u an email once I get into the office.

Exclusive Custom Gay Content Lykos's Avatar
    Hey _ap_ my site is under re-counstraction right now and some images are not visible,so the best would be to hit me up on ICQ,and i will show u list of models and we can easier take a talk then by email,cheers:chef:

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar

2257 Compliance

Ap,

Not sure that I agree with you in regards to the requirements of 2257. Under 75.2 Maintenance of Records, it specifically states that PRODUCERS must comply with the current record keeping requirements. A Producer, as currently defined, is the orginal creator....the photographer, videographer, etc. Someone who simply purchases content is not the producer and does not fall under the current record keeping requirements.

As for WWC-Mahoney's statement regarding a models' privacy, that is a valid point, although not a legal one. Assuming the proposed 2257 regs go into effect, requiring secondary producers to maintain records just as a primary producer, the records will needs to be provided.

At www.GayAdultPhotos.com, we have all of the records available and if requested we are happy to provide them. What we do is expunge, or blackout any of the models contact info such as DL number, passport number, address, phone, etc. That way we feel we are protecting the models confidentiality and providing the records for those webmasters who feel a need to have them.

Seems to work for us.

Bill