Thread: Helpful Hints

Dzinerbear

Helpful Hints

Hi all,

It's time for another one of those helpful hints threads. Things are kind of quiet around here. I guess everyone's watching the hurricane and the Republican conference.

Here we go, one is the one thing that you did that made a drastic and positive change in your site?

For instance, when I started out, on my MANcheck sites, I used to have thumbnails on my page and I'd say, "Click here to go to the preview gallery." When you clicked there you went to the MANcheck join page.

Bec and I swapped links one day and she said to me, "Why don't you actually give them a preview pic? You say preview but then you give them nothing."

So I gave them five preview pics because there were five thumbs on the page. Instant success. So, I changed it on the rest of my site and double my sales.

How about you?
    Dzinerbear

studpuppy
    Excellent advice Bec and DBear. Your previous model would be deceptive linking as far as I am concerned. Changing to actual preview is the way to go. Surfer's really want to see a sample of what is on the site in the way of images, quality, size, etc...

I presently use a model with preview images just slightly smaller than the actual content size images. Once the hurricane has pasted, when I get electricity again, if my equipment survives, I will change to this model.

retrograde
    Once I'm in the market to buy some content, I'm going to start playing with making a ManCheck site. I'm really excited about doing that.

Speaking of which, what would you suggest as the minimum number of pictures to have available when first starting an AEN site? I don't want to spend more money initially than is absolutely necessary.

Dzinerbear
    Number of pic requirements varies from AEN to AEN, but at MANcheck you'll need at least 50 pics to launch a gallery/site. If there's anything I can help with, let me know.

Dzinerbear

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    Number of pic requirements varies from AEN to AEN, but at MANcheck you'll need at least 50 pics to launch a gallery/site. If there's anything I can help with, let me know.

Dzinerbear
    Hmmm.

Michael let's talk next week when I have some time.

I have an idea.

That is ALWAYS dangerous.

:biker: