Thread: Suntrust

retrograde

Suntrust

I received the following e-mail today. I don't have any connection with Suntrust that I know of, so this could be just a scam. Does anyone know anything about this company?

Dear Suntrust Bank customer,

We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your Suntrust Internet Banking account may have been accessed by an unauthorized third party. Protecting the security of your account and of the Suntrust network is our primary concern. Therefore, as a preventative measure, we have temporarily limited access to sensitive account features.

To restore your account access, please take the following steps to ensure that your account has not been compromised:

1. Login to your Suntrust Internet Banking account. In case you are not enrolled for Internet Banking, you will have to use your Social Security Number as both your Personal ID and Password and fill in all the required information, including your name and your account number.

2. Review your recent account history for any unauthorized withdrawals or deposits, and check your account profile to make sure not changes have been made. If any unauthorized activity has taken place on your account, report this to Suntrust Bank staff immediately.

To get started, please click the link below:

https://internetbanking.suntrust.com/default.asp

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire Suntrust system. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

The Suntrust Bank Team

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your Suntrust account and choose the "Help" link in the header of any page.

retrograde
    Nevermind, I just noticed that the link the message actually goes to a different site. It's a scam, yep.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    scam for suntrust bank i believe

yup, this is a phishing scam where they have set up a duplicate site to try to capture your account login details or the site installs spyware or keyloggers on your PC, just delete any emails like that! This is also common with fake paypal and ebay emails too. If you ever get an email that looks like it is legit, open a browser and go directly to your bank's URL to check...but whatever you do DO NOT CLICK THE LINK IN THE EMAIL!!!

cheers,
    Luke

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Yep this has been happening for the last few months with a few diffrent banking companies in the US, i regularly get ones from B.O.A and Wachovia.

Regards,

Lee

BigasMoe
    I got that same email and I couldn't understand why when I hadn't used that account in a few months. I only use it for my misc. shit. I thought about going into the bank an going off on some teller but I remembered I had been drinking and I was feeling too Cocky.. Would have went to jail for sure.