Thread: Pridebuck's Checks

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Ben's Avatar

I Wonder? Pridebuck's Checks

I got my first check from Pridebucks a few days ago. It looks just like other checks I've gotten from other companies with one difference: The name of the bank is not in the format of a postal address but in some other format. It goes like this:

------
    WACHOVIA
    WACHOVIA.COM
    ORG. 003 R/T 067006432
    -------

Now, I'm pretty sure the bank where I always cash my checks needs the postal address of the bank where they will claim the money from. They actually send the check by post to the specified address. I'm not sure if that's gonna be possible with the info specified in this check. For instance, Ugas (TTI) sends complete postal address of their City Bank in Glendale, CA.

This is probably not a problem for webmasters in the USA, but I'm in Europe. I tried to contact Pridebucks by email but received no reply so far.

So I'd like to know if there are any European webmasters who receive checks from Pridebucks and whether they have any problems with cashing them in the local bank?

I appologize if this question is stupid, I have very little knowledge about banking systems in general :elf:

Dawgy
    where are you located? i cash checks with no address on them all the time... its all based on the routing number on the check, not what the bank chooses to print as their info.

i've never had a problem with pridebucks' checks. you can use an electronic check using ONLY the routing number, so i suspect dawgy is right and that's all ya need.

I live in Belgrade, Serbia (former FR Yugoslavia).

Maybe they will know what to do, but I expect it's gonna be difficult to persuade them with the first check of this kind. They were kinda reluctant to start cashing checks for Ugas/CA as well but then they saw it was all well and worked w/o problems. Ok, a few years ago one check didn't clear and when it came back with a big stamp "invalid", they explained to me that they actually send them via post.

I'll try tomorrow. Hopefully the bank staff is smarter than I think Thanks guys.

Corey Bryant
    Wachovia is a pretty large bank. I am not surprised they still send them postal. Most banks still do - but I know the US government wants to change that here. Each country is governed by their own banking system; in the US, it is called NACHA.

This should help put your mind at ease: http://wachovia.com/inside/page/0,,132_148,00.html - and hopefully someone at the bank can go online to get the address.

Harlan of Pridebucks lives in Miami and has been evacuated due to the approaching hurricane. My guess is that is why he hasn't answered your emails.

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    Thanks Bec: You are exactly right - received my evacuation orders yesterday and spent the last few days getting the site updates ready. Even though it might be difficult for me to be in touch over the next few days, rest assured Joe, David and Rainey are watching the store.

Ben, we have webmasters from all over the world: Australia, Germany, England and Italy come to mind off the top of my head. Our checks have never changed in the year and a half plus of sending them but we'll gladly assist you however possible to make sure you have what you need to deposit them

Corey, thank you very much for providing the address. If that does not work for you Ben, please contact joe@pridestudios.com and he'll get you what you need until Hurricane Francis is history and I am back on the case!

Harlan
    Last edited by Harlan; 09-03-2004 at 08:54 PM.
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com

Corey Bryant
    Anytime Harlan And good luck over there. We had friends that flew out last week from the Cayman's. He said he was flying back today - told him that I doubt it. Right now, he is scheduled for tomorrow. Myself I would just wait a few more days

Originally posted by Harlan

Ben, we have webmasters from all over the world: Australia, Germany, England and Italy come to mind off the top of my head. Our checks have never changed in the year and a half plus of sending them but we'll gladly assist you however possible to make sure you have what you need to deposit them

Everything went well in the bank. There were no problems. Thanks Harlan and all others

Take care.

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Ben
    Everything went well in the bank. There were no problems. Thanks Harlan and all others

Take care.
    I am so glad it work out, Ben: I suspected it would but glad you know from your own experience now. Remember not just with your checks, but the PrideBucks team is always here for whatever service and support you may need. Have a great evening
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com