Thread: We Want To Start Shooting Our Own Content

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

We Want To Start Shooting Our Own Content

Hello,

Everyone we have met at all the shows has told us that we should do our own content. We have only purchased exclusive content for our sites so now we finally want to do our own. We found the place that does the gay feeds for TopBucks and are considering them but they are pretty expensive but they can do everything for us from start to finish. The other option is just hiring some photographers here or other areas. I am not sure which way to take this or what is best or how much to pay models and photographers or anything. I am not sure what niche or anything to start with. It seems like the straight boys first time is still really hot but there is so many of them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and if you do photograph and or video let me know. Have a good week everyone and don't worry I am still resting from surgery.

Thanks,
    Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

romeoboi
    Hey -
    while I dont have experience in the paysite realm or shooting content, I think its a good to remember that you get what you pay for. You may be paying more $ to the people who did the stuff for topbucks, but they have experience, have done quality work and can find good models, do good setups, etc..

If you get lucky and find some good photographers / videographers you could get some good content at a good deal. However, it might mean mroe supervising and hand holding, and you may not get stuff that has good quality.

I think something having to do with college guys would be a good gay "reality" site... it has the twink, amateur, and straight boy aspects to it but is a different twist that isnt out there

but then again, thats just my cheap two cents

BDBionic
    hey Mark! Welcome back!!

I owe ya a couple emails about what we'd been talking about before but was waiting for ya to reappear before sending them off.

As far as the original content goes... what turns you on? What do you like? That's always a good place to start, as what you're in to and what you'll enjoy will not only be the most fun, but also you'll be able to sell it better because your own enthusiasm about it will translate in to generating enthusiasm in surfers that come across it.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Wow I didn't think responses would be so quick at 2:30am, hehe. Thanks for the good input so far and I will be waiting for your email Brian.

Mark

Darren
    spoke to andy and scott adn they todl me they wanna be models?

Originally posted by Darren
    spoke to andy and scott adn they todl me they wanna be models?
    what about you Darren, hehe.

Mark

Darren
    first i will learn to type and then we will see

Bell
    well....

since you also have non-gay sites
    I'd say my FAVORITE subject would
    be GREAT content to do yourself...

that would be for Fetish / BDSM
    (and closely related)

but...

those shoots would cost you more to
    do... so maybe don't START with those...
    (I was just being selfish... LOL)

~Bell

Dawgy
    hey mark, hit me up, content is my thing. ill tell u what i can to help u make a decision.

edk
    Hey Mark! Good to see you back on the boards! I am glad you are resting and taking it easy.

Well I think you are going about it the right way.
    1. Checking with other webmasters to see what niches are working for them and finding what the sufers is interested in. Keep in mind, it may not be your first choice but if it sells go for it. For example , you're right the amateur straight guy thing is a hot niche. A good Jock Amateur type of site to look at is www.amateurstraightguys.com a good military straight guy site, www.activeduty.com and a good bi sexual site for gay traffic, www.straightboysfucking.com. And of course Harlan and Rainey at www.pridebucks.com puts out a pretty good product. But remeber what every you decide put your own slant on it, which I am sure you won't have a problem doing looking at some of your homepages of your sites you built.

2. Do the same thing when finding someone to create your content. Ask webmasters to see who they have been happy with, see samples of their work,check references and ask around about them.

Mark, Good Luck!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Mark,

Okay this is potentially going to be a long reply and i am tired so bear with me here LOL

You need to weigh up both the positives and negatives of producing your own content before starting out, for example, are you going to be shooting exclusively for your sites? WIll you be reselling the content? Will you have regular updates of the same models? How much should the shoots cost and so on and so forth.

Obviously this is part of what you are trying to figure out by asking the popular niches for the shoots however, i would say that you should start exclusive shoots in your case, for the paysite that makes you most money as a company. This way, you are giving that site added reasons for surfers to join and you can also gauge how well the exclusive content for that site works for you.

From there, after a couple of shoots worth of exclusive content you can decide whether you want to continue doing shoots for that site or, whether you want to try another one.

In addition to the 'paysite' content angle also consider what else you can use this content for depending on the 'type' of content you have shot and of course, who you get to shoot it.

One thing i would say no matter what niche / type of content you choose to have shot, make sure that YOU retain FULL RIGHTS to that content including any distribution rights that photographer / videographer may not want to include, if one specific content producer wont include full rights, you'll be ble to find another 3 or 4 who will.

Most importantly before you start any shoots, make sure you have some kind of script to work from, decide what format you want the shoot to take, what models you want to use (you should also ask the producer if they have a libray of talent you can see). By getting your general script down properly for the first few shoots it will make it much easier further down the line when it comes to changing formats etc etc.

Anyway hope this info helps you.

Regards,

Lee

BigasMoe
    Damn Lee I'm impressed with your response. You Da Man!!!!

Thanks everyone for the great responses and input. I will keep you up to date on our content venture.

Mark