Thread: 4th Week Not Smoking

TheLegacy

4th Week Not Smoking

Alright, heading into my fourth week of not smoking and my patience is getting thin. I am trying to pull my strength together so that Im not grouchy, irritable etc. has anyone else gone through this?? and does it help if you have a buddy system?

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hecs-sesc/tob...ithdrawal.html

Short-term physical withdrawal
    This may include feeling grouchy or irritable, bored, hungry, tired, depressed, or nervous. Some people also have trouble sleeping or cough more than usual. Some people don't feel anything or have only one symptom. Other people feel a lot of symptoms. Withdrawal occurs because nicotine is leaving your body. The symptoms will last fewer than two weeks after quitting.

Temptations to smoke
    Temptations cause you to have a craving. Seeing, smelling or touching something familiar can be a temptation. The most powerful temptation is seeing a cigarette or watching someone else smoke. You can also be tempted to smoke because a friend offers you a cigarette (they may not realize you have quit smoking). You may be tempted to smoke before, during or after stressful situations, or to help you feel better.

Cravings to smoke
    The urge to have a cigarette is called a craving. Certain smells (e.g. the smell of someone else's cigarette or the smell of fresh coffee) or sights (watching your friends gather in a familiar spot to smoke) may remind you how much you miss smoking. You may miss the taste, smell or feel of a cigarette. Cravings can last for a few days or a few months after quitting.

Breaking old habits.
    There are many habits or routines associated with smoking. For example, some people like to gently touch a cigarette or lighter and play with them in their hand. When they quit, they miss having something in their hand. You may also miss having something in your mouth.

Jasun
    I tried to quit smoking once.

Once.

I'm still trying to kick it. Was almost off of them before Internext, and then it got shot to hell for most of the reasons you've sited. I am trying to keep like a bowl of trailmix nearby to help with the wanting something to do with my hands and mouth, and using the Patch and the gum (which is horrible).

Congrats on getting this far!

Bruce
    hey dont stop now you already made it that far you got to find something else to do .... i got a couple good ideas :playboy: :playboy:
    brucexxx

Ounique
    I'm right there with ya. I tried to kick caffene. Not a pretty picture. I'm still a java junky. :kitten: