Thread: What The Fuck!?

Dawgy

Angry What The Fuck!?

saw this posted on another board... i dunno if its true, but i know the person who posted & doubt seriously they'd make something up:

So i get a call from my friend who works for F.E.M.A

She was telling me to be sure to evacuate and head far north into Georgia as possible. They are prediciing mass casualties.

So we talk about the hurricane that just hit us a few weeks ago. I bring up about the death numbers in the last hurricane that hit. She told me they did not release the true number of deaths from the last storm. She said they ordered 59 body bags for just one trailer park in Punta Gorda alone. But on the news they said 29 deaths total. she said the death toll was over 170 but they did not want to cause mass hysteria with people knowing Ivan is heading are way.

So for all you who think you will brave it out think about the damage this storm can cause, be safe and use your heads on this one...
    FEMA should NOT be lying to the public. i am very tempted to call the local media and suggest they investigate.

their friend said it, but it was not offially from fema. it may be the friend is exaggerating or adding stuff for dramatic effect... people do that all the time.

yea, I agree -- someone pulling someone's leg - I can't see the media not reporting accurate stats, plus folk can count, if they know 59 died in their trailer park and hear 29 on the tv - someone's going to correct them pretty fast.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    I don't believe everything I'm hearing... but you'd be surprised at how much isn't being reported outside of the state.

I'm not going to get worried based on one person's post, but listening and seeing what's going on down here... I wouldn't be surprised.

When we were in GA and all we could do was watch the news, all of the major networks reported what was going on at the eye wall. All we heard was what was happening there. When we switched to the local area news we were seeing so much more. There was flooding, damage and death right up the entire east coast into Jacksonville and into Gainesville. It was just unreal.

What made a mark in my mind was the day after the eye hit. We were still getting hit hard, in fact my parent's neighbors called them to tell them about more damage that was happening on their street... what made it's mark was not one major network made a report about what was still going on. It was like the drama was over - the winds died down to a sustained 85 mph and there was nothing new to report. Meanwhile the local channels, as they should have, were letting us know what was really going on.

Ok now that I've let out a hurricane induced ramble LOL I'm still thinking that I'm not going to panic over one post - whether from a good source or not.

But... I wouldn't be surprised if, at some time in the future, it turned out to be true.

The level of frustration and panic down here is so high that I could honestly believe numbers are being skewed to keep the calm for now.

Ok I'm going to stop rambling now...

Gary-Alan
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well im almost certain that there were in fact more deaths than what was reported however, realistically, how many of them really can be attributed to the Hurricanes and how many should be attributed to the human factor, also known as, STUPIDITY.

Regards,

Lee