Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Badpuppy Gay owned?

Is Badpuppy Gay owned?

Can anyone on this board answer this?

What do you guys think of BadPuppy's resurection, their current marketing techniques and site structure?

I'm a new member of BadPupy.. again, after 5 years. I have to say I am shocked at the lack of structure in the site and the large number of front end sites with glam front pages and tours and are VERY thin on content.. like just a few galleries and a video.. then relying on all of the Badpuppy content for their meat.

Any opinions? I have more to say but will wait for some responses.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well i can catagorically state that BadPuppy is gay owned having been to the owners home and dined with them on several occasions

One thing i would say though is that their business model works very well for them with their established brand name.

In fact, speaking of BadPuppy this also correlates slightly to your thread about the gay / straight mix, BadPuppy have one of the best individuals in the gay market working their site, Lisa, she is a straight woman who has carved a name for herself in the gay market place and she is extremely knowledgable in what she does :thumbsup:

Actually, thanks for reminding me to shoot an email over to Bill, Steve and Lisa need to se how they faired witht he recent Hurricane.

Regards,

Lee

LOL just my luck to step on toes already he he he Damn!

The Badpuppy brand name is awesome.. but I think the current marketing they are using can be detrimental to the name in the long term. Basically.. as it stands now.. it's like an AVS site.. which is good in it's own right.. but when people are promissed quality content through these glam entrance pages, then it's not delivered through the site they signed up with, they will feel betrayed don't you think?

I know all the arguments for all the hot content inside Badpuppy etc. and I honestly can't tell you how much they really have, or to what extent as the site is so hard to navigate once you get in there.

Any words on this?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know honestly i have never seen the BadPuppy members are so really couldnt comment on how it is laid out.. looks like ill have to buy a membership to see

Regards,

Lee

he he .. that's exactly what I thought. A straight webmaster was bragging on another board about his sites.. and promoting his turnkey solutions and I thought I might want to do business with him. I'm glad I subscribed to his site first and saw what he was up to!

Badpuppy has so much potential to be what is was, and better. I hate to see it being run down by these turnkey sites, they are not doing any good for the long term.

Camper than a row of tents
    By 1998 standards of quality they were like #1. That changed over time though, so I like the invite only AVS/portal for them. There are a few really great sites in that pool, and they can use the BP name to close the sale.

Yes but what about the hundreds of portal sites that cheapen the name? I want Badpuppy to succeed.. hell I want to make money with them, but I think tricking the surfer isn't the way to do it. I know BadPuppy itself isn't doing this, but the sites with portals that promise a lot, and have little, with the BadPuppy logo on the front page, are giving BadPuppy a bad name.

totemack
    I have to agree with Squirt, but for me it's more their webmaster area which is really in need of some sort of regeneration!:wtf:

i never used them as they pay a lower % than other programs, and as i recall, they had more leaks and confusing stuff on the tour.

I think what's happening here is they are going this route temporarily and using the $$$ to bankroll the second phase of the "resurection". It's all so exciting. I can't wait to see them evolve and I'm glad they are Gay owned/operated. If Lee stands by the marketer and owners then I respect that.

TheLegacy
    I've known the people at badpuppy for several years now as well, and consider them great business people and friends. If there is something your not too pleased with then they are open for any suggestions you may have.

wonderful people and would love Im sure to hear from you.

Originally posted by TheLegacy
    I've known the people at badpuppy for several years now as well, and consider them great business people and friends. If there is something your not too pleased with then they are open for any suggestions you may have.

wonderful people and would love Im sure to hear from you.
    What exactly was the purpose of that post? To let us know your affiliation with Badpuppy or to offer direct contact information for me to discuss this with them?
    Last edited by Squirt; 09-15-2004 at 12:54 AM.

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Originally posted by Squirt
    What exactly was the purpose of that post? To let us know your affiliation with Badpuppy or to offer direct contact information for me to discuss this with them?
    I may be speaking out of turn here....

The guys (and girls!) at BadPuppy are great peeps, and are ENTIRELY well respected in all corners of the industry.

Personally, they can drag me to ANY gay bar ANYWHERE in the world, ANYTIME and I am one of those straight guys who successfully make and market gay. I just love being in the company of really good and genuine people.

And I say that as a statement, not as any inferred affiliation.

I think Legacy was saying the same - if you want to talk to them they will listen and respond. They ARE good people.

Just tell them Daddy's bitch sent you.

Ha ha ha ha.

Sorry, you had to be there in Florida at the Boardwalk party to get that joke.

:biker:

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    I gotta tell you my feeling about BP...they are like Walmart...they have a TON of stuff but most of it is SHIT! If you want quality you don't go there...you go to a site that gives you what you really want! Most of the stuff that PB provides is substandard and they just get by because they have a lot of it!

People who want quality look elsewhere...
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

It is hard to find real good quality stuff there.. for me it was hard because navigating the site was very very difficult. They might have a lot of good content, but in the sites current state I didn't want to take the time to find out.

Have you ever done business with Badpuppy MiamiB?