Thread: TGP Growth Question

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? TGP Growth Question

Okay so over the past few months i have seen the submission to CumSoda grow exponentially, we have gone from 30-40 submissions a day to well over 200 a day.

Now of those 200 submissions around 150 or so of them get accepted and this is where the problem lies...

Because when the site was originally designed we didnt expect to see as many accepted galleries as that on a daily basis we limited the amount of preview thumbs being show per day however, as we have received more and more submissions, galleries that are being authorized 'today' are showing up in the 'previous' galleries section.

With that in mind, what do you folks think about me making the 'todays' galleries section on the site larger? That is to say, show more preview thumbs for 'todays' submitted galleries?

Obviously im also going to have to make the 'previous' galleries section larger to before they head off in to the archived pages but i was wondering if anyone had done this previously?

Any and all help you can offer would be appreciated

Regards,

Lee

A good way of doing it is to add in text links after your existing "today" thumbs and give preferred positioning to your partners. I have seen others do this and it seemed to work out nicely.

cheers,
    Luke

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I had thought about that as an option Luke however, for right now i would like to keep it fully thumbnail preview based because that (what you mentioned) IS what others currently do

Regards,

Lee

Sounds like u have 2 choices ... limit your acceptances, or expand the two categories. Limits could cause you to loose out on some regular submissions though.

Just thought of a 3rd option -- limit how many per week from the same person -- like world sex does.

Mindy
    I agree with bec to add option 3 as a rule. No more than x amount of galleries per week for any one submitter.
    If you are going to expand you want to do it to give everybody a fair chance at getting listed without having the same old galleries in multiple spots!