Thread: AVS / AEN Site Question - Premium Or Regular

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? AVS / AEN Site Question - Premium Or Regular

I know we have a few AEN/AVS webmasters on our community and im planning on building some new sites but i was interested in finding out whether, in your opinion, it was better to build premium or regular sites for these systems?

I know the last time i built sites for these systems under the 'AVS' name, premium was the way to go however, you had to send your own traffic to them whilst, with regular sites, they were added to the systems link list, does this still hold true today?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    Hey Lee,

At MANcheck both regular and premiumn sites get listed in our search engine. At MANcheck we call them Regular and Plus sittes. A regular site needs 50 pictures, while a Plus site needs 100.

Personally, I never had a lot of luck pushing premium or Plus sites. When I first started my own site, all of the galleries were Plus (so that required a $39.95/monthly membership to get in). I couldn't see a lot of them. Six months later, when I changed my Plus sites to Regulars, my sales jumped, and in fact, people started voluntarily buying the Plus memberships.

Here's what I would do: I'd create a site with 50 pics and submit it as a regular site. On my inside gallery thumbnail pages, I'd place banners to promote secondary sponsors like DILF or Uncut Dudes. That way you may pick up some sales from some existing MANcheck members.

If you register a Regular site, you'll probably find that you pick up some Plus members, and I think that's largely due to the way our join page is constructed. Once a surfer gets there they see so many more benefits and don't seem so bothered by the price. Before getting to the join page they just seem to be scared away by the word Plus.

If you're constructing a site with movie clips, then I'd definitely make an exception and register that as a Plus site. It'll help save on bandwidth.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

$39.95 is a lot, and it's going to affect sales. i do best selling monthly memberships between $19.95 to $24.95.

anyone know if there's an avs that charges $24.95? i'd rather make a little less but make $10 per month or something for rebills.

If you stock a regular site with 50 pics and a premium site with 300 pics, then you can get 6 regular sites for every premium site you do. Which is 6 times the chance of making sales!

If the avs allows you to reuse your content then do both, if not, I would stick to the normal sites.

cheers,
    Luke

yes, but normal sites don't pay rebills.

a good premium avs site - one you update monthly - has a chance of phenominal rebills over a period of time. after all, your members get all your content in the niche of your site - plus they get access to all the OTHER avs site content on days they log in but you haven't updated.

if only there was a premium that charged $24.95...

Dzinerbear
    Rainbow Passport charges $29.95, but I already know you won't like them because they only pay by wire and I recall you had an issue with that before. (I'm pretty sure it was you, if not my apologies.)

But Rainbow Passport also has some pretty strict rules. If you have any outside banners, you don't get listed in their search engine.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Originally posted by basschick
    yes, but normal sites don't pay rebills.
    Huh?

You confused me now

I know its been a while since i built an AEN site but i recall they used to pay out on rebills for regular sites to didnt they?

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    MANcheck pays rebills on any site (regular or premium) as long as the site is listed in our search engine, which essentially means that the webmaster has followed the rules.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Dzinerbear - i have mancheck questions!

you say regular sites pay rebills. what if the guy who joins joins for one year but does NOT choose to extend his free MANcheckPlusVideo membership to $39.95 per month? do we still get rebills? if so, how much does a rebill pay?

also, i can find the Plus Site Guidelines Click but i cannot find the guidelines for the regular sites. i've wandered all over http://www.mancheck.com/webmasters/webmasters1.cfm but cannot find them. where are they???

Xstr8guy
    Lee,

Build both regular and premium sites. I agree with D-bear about MANcheck... it doesn't really matter if they are regular or Plus sites. But with other AVS's it does.

Thanks Jim

We will probably go the premium route with Mancheck due to the nature of the content / niche we are going to be working with

No doubt at some point we'll test out a couple of regular sites to though hehe.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    Originally posted by basschick you say regular sites pay rebills. what if the guy who joins joins for one year but does NOT choose to extend his free MANcheckPlusVideo membership to $39.95 per month? do we still get rebills? if so, how much does a rebill pay?
    The short answer is no because there's nothing to rebill.

Let me explain in a bit more detail.

MANcheck has two kinds of sites: Regular and Plus. A regular site contains at least 50 pics and is accessed by anyone who purchased a $19.95 annual membership. A Plus site has at least 100 images and can NOT be accessed with a MANcheck yearly membership, the surfer needs to have a MANcheckPlusVideo (MCPV) membership, and this is $39.95 monthly and is our rebilling product.

I think where the confusion lies is that we have Plus sites and MANcheckPlusVideo memberships, and both mention the word "Plus," this is throwing people off.

Regular Memberships

If a surfer buys a $19.95 yearly membership, they get access to all Regular sites for a year. They also get trail access to MANcheckPlusVideo (MCPV) and any MANcheck Plus sites for a period of seven days. On the eighth day, they are rebilled $39.95 and rebilling continues until they request it stops. If at any time they cancel the rebilling, they still keep the $19.95 yearly access portion of the membership and they'll have access to Regular sites only.

Plus Site Access or MANcheckPlusVideo

When a surfer purchases a membership to MANcheckPlusVideo or a Plus Site, they are essentially buying the same membership. They get access to all of the video feeds, live sex shows, and web cams like Chi Chi Live and Raw, Prague Buddies, etc. and any of our Plus sites that have been built and submitted by webmasters. (Think of a Plus site as the cream of the crop: more pictures, updated regularly, many of them contain video clips, and they aren't supposed to have as many banners.) This membership costs $39.95 and rebills at the same rate monthly.

Let's use a concrete example. Let's say you register a Regular site with us called Hot Boys. Your site follows all of the rules that allows us to list it in our search engine and it promotes MANcheck exclusively (no other AEN's like GMP or UGAS). You sell a regular membership for $19.95, you earn $11.50. (This membership includes a 7-day trial to MANcheckPlusVideo MCPV). On the eighth day of the membership, the surfer hasn't cancelled their trial MANcheckPlusVideo membership, so we rebill the surfer $39.95 and you (webmaster) automatically receive another $18.00.

In another month the surfer's membership rebills again and you receive another $18.00. Now, let's say at this point the surfer decides they don't want access to MCPV anymore so they cancel that portion of the membership and stop the rebilling. You get no more rebilling and the surfer continues with another ten months of Regular site access, which is the original product he purchased, and the surfer no longer has access to all of the MCPV feeds and live sex shows, nor can they enter Plus sites. If they decided in another three months down the road that they want access again to MCPV, they need to upgrade their membership.

If you run a Plus site, a couple of things can happen. Any member who buys the yearly membership with the 7-day trial to MCPV will have access to your site for those first seven days. On the eighth day, if they've cancelled the MCPV membership, they won't have access to your Plus site and they'll be prompted to upgrade.

The second scenario is that a surfer would buy the $39.95 MCPV membership outright. In this case, they are buying access for 30 days only. They only have access to any MANcheck site (Plus or Regular) and MCPV for as long as they keep the monthly rebilling.

So if we look at basschick's original question: if a surfer buys the $19.95 yearly membership and cancels the 7-day trail, the webmaster is only getting the $11.50 commission of the yearly sale because there is nothing to rebill.

If you click on "MANcheck Policies" in the webmaster forum, those are the policies for running a Regular site. They just haven't named them "Regular Site Policies."

One other thing, you'll see the words "exclusive" and "non-exclusive." If MANcheck is the only script your site requires for entry, then you'd be considered exclusive. If you site gives the surfer the option of entering using MANcheck or UGAS (or any other AEN) then you are considered "non-exclusive." Exclusives make $1.00 more on regular sales and $2.00 on rebills.

I hope this helps clarify things. I know it can be a bit confusing, so if you have questions, PM or AIM me (dzinerbeartor). And if you want to shoot me a URL and ask: Is this site okay? I'm happy to look at it.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Dzinerbear
    Originally posted by Xstr8guy Build both regular and premium sites. I agree with D-bear about MANcheck... it doesn't really matter if they are regular or Plus sites. But with other AVS's it does.
    The other advantage to running a Plus site is that access is limited to Plus members, so if you're concerned about bandwidth, the Plus site option helps you keep bandwidth down. It also gives you the opportunity to upsell people who already have Regular memberships.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

your longer explanation is exactly what i thought.

that is not the impression i got from this quote, however:
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    MANcheck pays rebills on any site (regular or premium) as long as the site is listed in our search engine, which essentially means that the webmaster has followed the rules.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear
    so really

MANcheck pays rebills on any site (regular or premium) as long as the site is listed in our search engine, which essentially means that the webmaster has followed the rules.[/QUOTE]

should have this added at the end:

AND AS LONG AS THE MEMBER IS PAYING $39.95 PER MONTH FOR THE PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP.

Dzinerbear
    basschick,

Yes, you're right. Sorry I wasn't clearer: we pay rebills on regular $19.95 yearly memberships where the surfer has not cancelled the 7-day trial to MCPV, and we continue to pay rebills monthly thereafter so long as they continue to maintain the $39.95 membership.

And we also pay rebills on surfers who buy the premium membership outright and pay $39.95 monthly.

And MANcheck also has a 3-day trial for $1.95 that rebills on the fourth day. This is offered when surfers exit the join page without joining. The webmaster earns an initial buck for the trial and then $16-18.00 for the rebill depending on the status of their site.

And we also have a middle page upgrade that credits the referring webmaster with the upgrade sale, that is, the site on which the surfer finds himself when he chooses to upgrade, not the site that originally brought him into MANcheck.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear