Thread: Is Patience Really A Virtue?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Is Patience Really A Virtue?

So the last few days ive been waiting on a couple of designs for two sites to be completed, one of which is the Gay Webmaster Bash site which will hopefully be completed shortly.

Anyway, i know im probably one of the most demanding people in this industry who ALWAYS wants something doing yesterday even if i only thought of it this morning.

So i wondered, how do you deal with having to wait for something for an extended period of time? Do you go with the flow or are you as demanding as i am?

How long do you wait before starting to get stressed that you have had to wait so long for something?

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    Lee,

One of the things I've learned when in this kind of position is that I'm really not in control. We think we are because we're the client and we're paying, but ultimately the person doing the work is in control. We can be demanding, but it comes down to whether they're going to do the work and when.

I had a situation like this with a logo where I was told it was going to be done by so-and-so and it wasn't. So I week later I wrote a polite but firm e-mail that essentially said: I've paid for this work, you said it would be done by x, please, when can I expect it.

It worked, he felt bad, apologized and I had my stuff in two days.

Being a demanding bitch and ripping someone a new asshole will only get their back up and quite possibly will result in a longer delay as they punish you. I would simply write them a polite but firm e-mail and ask pointedly: When can I reasonably expect this.

It's a hard thing to do because I don't like waiting for stuff either. Sometimes you just have to throw your hands up and say the serenity prayer.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Rainbo1956
    The reward of "patience" is patience!