Thread: Why do people pull shit like this?

Dzinerbear

Why do people pull shit like this?

I never did understand why people do blatant rip offs like this:

http://www.fagoogle.com/

Do they really think they'll get away with it? Do they think they'll get such an initial big hit from all the publicity that it's worth it?

Did I miss the press release telling us to begin storing our brains in our butt?

Missing Jasun,
    dzinerbear

Dawgy
    that was pretty stupid

can you say lawsuit??

"The creators of this website contacted Google prior to launching Fagoogle.com - and the Google response was to email us links to their terms and conditions, which we read and fully cooperate with."

I have to say.. I registered DockJohnson.com Because the story line to one of my popular models was that he was found on the docks of Australia jakhammering.. etc etc. When talking to a friend about the site I was making just for that model he told me of an adult toys company called DocJohnson. It ends up they had a DockJohnson.com .. non operational at that time.. but nonetheless I contacted them.. told them about my site and asked if they had a problem with it and if they did to comtact me within the month.

You see I don't sell adult toys and no mention of adult toys with the model.. nor did he use toys in any of his videos.

Well 3 MONTHS later I get an email from the DocJohnson attorneys saying I'm trying to profit off the good name of DocJohnson!

It was no big deal because the site development was on hold anyway.. but if I had developed it I would have been pissed they pulled that.

As for Fagoogle... a different story all together but I can see how the company they contacted dragged their feet then threatened them. Typical.

Dzinerbear
    Honestly, do you really think they even needed to ask?

Seems to me if you were two guys and two girls in the 70s and you called yourself FABBA, you might have gotten a letter.

Seems to me that Choice International should have seen the letter coming when they launched McSleep Inns.

dzinerbear

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar
    For sure. Why is that some people insist on flaunting the fact that they are not creative and just want to profit off others work? Do they really make any money that way, and if they do will Google really let them keep it?? I dont think so..........

Exclusive Custom Gay Content Lykos's Avatar
    BANNED BY GOOGLE
    They got what they deserved:angel:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know i think since Booble were allowed to continue running their site a lot of others will continue to register domains that infringe on Googles trade / service marks.

Unfortunately, what most of these individuals dont realize is that the guy who owns Booble spent a LOT of $$$ on his legal council.

Regards,

Lee

BigasMoe
    I wish I smoking with those guys when they came up with that one....:wtf:

Rainbo1956
    Originally posted by BigasMoe
    I wish I smoking with those guys when they came up with that one....:wtf:
    LOL...that’s for sure!

What I don't understand is why ppl have to "copy" a design...

The name, concept and all are ok in my book...all they needed to do was come up with their own damn design.

What ever Booble had to spend on their lawsuit and come out ok, had to do with something as small as using a different design (Yes, in the beginning they looked like Google...but, they've since changed)

I registered USATOGAY.com. I didn't want it to look like USATODAY but, in fact I wanted to use the opportunity to have a “gay” news/resource site (still working on it) and have it be successful.

Not because I was trying to leach off USATODAY, but because I thought the name was catchy…in all honesty catchy yes, because of USATODAY.

So far there have been no ramifications and it’s getting some good traffic….

If you look at most sites in our industry, you’ll see many, many that have that same look (mostly the straight sites)

But, that’s why I admire so many here…most of the webmasters sites here are all unique!