Thread: Filler Content?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Filler Content?

Just wondered what you folks thought about using 'filler content' inside paysite members areas?

I know to many surfers it should appear as 'added value' content however, im wondering if it can also work against the retention of a paysite?

For example, lets say we have a site that focuses on guys with small cocks, putting filler content in the members area of guys with regular sized dicks and large dicks could, in essence make the member think twice about renewing their membership couldnt it?

Whats your thoughts on this? Should filler content be related to the overall theme of the site or should it be general stuff in the main market / niche of the site?

Regards,

Lee

Ounique
    I would suggest that you stay with the theme of a site if you are using filler content, but in using older content that some may think is oversaturated, one must consider how many people are new to the internet and have never seen some of that content. Plus, if you are doing a site for something specific, lets take my favorite "shaved men", then even the old stuff will be worth something to a member looking for that content. I know when I run across an old pic that I had seen a while ago, it's almost nice to see it again. Like watching a rerun of a favorite TV show. So, I'd say filler has it's place, as long as it goes with the theme. However, if I signed up for a site for shaved men and there were tons of galleries of hairy or trimmed guys I'd be pretty upset. Unless you had a huge amount of shaved content and had the hairy stuff as an extra added bonus gallery put in a separate section. I dunno, I'm rambling now. I'll stop. LOL!

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    my 2 cents worth is I'd agree with what Don said... keeping it to theme... and even if it is old stuff maybe put it in a section labeled such, like a 'blast from the past' section or 'remember this' type heading so they don't get the idea you trying to pass it off as new or such.

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

BigasMoe
    I don't think it has to go with the theme of the site but if it doesn't it shouldn't stray very far. For example if you have a Mature BBM site, I think your filler content could go as far as Mature in one direction or maybe BBM the other direction.

Hey Lee I hope your not still mad at me for that thread a short while back.

Haha nah man i was just fucking with you

Regards,

Lee

BigasMoe
    Originally posted by Lee
    Haha nah man i was just fucking with you

Regards,

Lee
    Aww man I thought you were pissed at us over that. I just knew that the next time I saw you guys at the shows you were gonna tell me to fuck off. Well maybe not to that degree but I thought you were offended. Well it's all good now so I'll Holla

P.s I still never got ahold of the GA

Nah dude take anything i say over on that board with a pinch of salt.. i only post there for one reason.. marketing and exposure.

Regards,

Lee

I'd stay on theme ... using non related is a lot like those companies that put up 10 themed websites and then use the same member area in my opinion. Just wouldn't work for me.

I have filler video feed content on two of my sites. On one with thin content I advertise it on the preview area outside the site. The other one I don't advertise the filler on the outside and leave it as a surprise inside. Some of the content is with my theme, some not.

On one of the sites I call the filler "the basement" on other the "movie archives" I don't promote it as new, original, etc.

I agree with what Bec said as well.

Lee.. I hear ya on the "posting on the other board" issue ;-D

I think if you don't promote the filler content it's ok for it to not be theme oriented. If you promote it.. it should fit with the theme of your site or your watering down the value of your niche site. My $.00002 worth :-D

flashfreak
    hello everyone, my first post here

Like Ounique said I think it's important to keep the site niche, if people signed up for the site to see something then filler content has to reflect that too.

This is one of the ideeas I had in mind when I started to develop adult games: people have to be able to customize them to fit their site niche and brand the games to fit the site design.
    Lee filler content can be a retention booster, imagine having games with a top10 feature, youy can start contests in minutes giving away monthly prizes like free memberships, t-shirts etc... they will increase the community feeling of your site.
    People love to play, no matter the age. "games" was always in the top10 search engine keywords.

Cheers,
    FF