Thread: Amateur Site Layout

DigitalJay

Amateur Site Layout

Here is a screen cap of what my sites main index looks like. Is it too busy, too plain, too amateur, etc? I could do something really simple and semiglossy like the other webcam sites, but I wanted something from scratch that was all me. Does it look ok so far? You can see that me and the bf each have our own side menu and auto scrolling news ticker, our own webcams, galleries, journals, etc. Am I forgetting anything really important? The four pics under update is where links to the four most recent galleries added will go, but there is also a link to a page that lists all of both of our galleries.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I like it, it looks good

So when you gonna get the BoyF to register here and share some of his pics too ?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Looks nice from what I can see, but looks like it is in frames too.. have u thought about using maybe php includes for the sides instead? or even the old ssi technique? both are SE friendly more than frames... if you are using frames that is.

and I agree with Lee... about the b/f and pics of course..<g>
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

DigitalJay
    My bf is gonna let me take a lot of pics this weekend, i'll post some then. He's 24, blonde, blue eyed, and has a much better body than I do.

The Updates area and scrolling news areas are in iframes but the side and top menus are not. I like it this way even if the search engines don't, I've never been able to get good se traffic anyway.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Cool make sure you post some action pics oh and get him over here posting too!

Its much better seeing someones pics if we can / have chatted with them first

Regards,

Lee

DigitalJay
    I doubt we'll do action, just a lot of creative solo

I don't like having sex on camera, and I think a voyeur site is crap if the guy(s) on cam aren't into what they are doing, so I should just stick to what i'm comfortable with. Am I wrong?

I'll get him to signup, he's taking his time with everything unfortunately. I've been ready to go with this site since I decided to do it...

Looks nice and clean! Refreshing to see a site that isn't tacky :-D

DigitalJay
    Thanks Squirt thats nice of you to say. I think the site is kinda tacky but thats ok because it's an amateur site. I used Notepad and Paintshop Pro to do the design!

I can't wait to put the site up, I just wanted to have enough content before I do. Even if I don't, I'm going to launch it tonight, as a free site.

Wish me luck! I need it...

cj.
    DJ, don't be so hard on yourself!

Yes your boyfriend has a beautiful body, and he's with YOU!!

I like the site, I am trying desperately to click the graphic LOL

I definately back up the comment about using frames ... if possible to avoid, its better for search engines.

Are you planning on having a paid area? I think your concept is really cool and its got that voyeur/reality tv feel to it which sells extremely well currently. and unique exclusive content too ... it would make a great paysite plugin ;-)

DigitalJay
    I used the frames because I can't use anything else. Don't ask why :p

I would have a paid area if I come up with enough quality content to deserve one. Thanks for the compliments, I hope I can have some kind of affiliate program for the site, but I've never had one before so I don't know enough about it.

I'm going to finish up the photo sets I will have to start the site today. Any suggestions on things I should buy or use to make them more interesting?

cj.
    DJ, If you can't do php (join the club!) then I'd still say its better to do it the long way round and duplicate the navigation onto each page and update each page. I know it sucks to have to do that though, especially if updating a lot like in early stages ...

With your photos, are you talking software to make the galleries or presentation of the content? the biggest suggestion I could make is to tell your story with the photos ... just write with them whatever you were doing, thinking, trying to achieve etc. even if its a bad photo and you say so and why, thats good content.

The truth is a marketing tool that companies spend millions of dollars trying to fake ... use what you have, you are yummy .... and real!!