Thread: ICQ Question

Ounique

ICQ Question

Do you guys use ICQ? How do I search my buddy list? I got a new hard drive and had to reinstall my os, so when I reinstalled my ICQ I lost all my folders and history, so all my contacts are in one big lump. I used to be able to hit ctrl+shif+c and type in the first few letters of a nick but now it doesn't work? Getting support from ICQ can take days and they usually give me the wrong answer, LOL. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks.

graphicsbytia
    boy I need to know this too!

My list is so long it's impossible to find anyone anymore

Dawgy
    i went thru & manually deleted over 300 people the other nite. if i didnt know them, or didnt have a history, they were gone. now i have nice clean list of people i know & want to do biz with. i add a few new ones every day as i come across them, or them me.

I am desperately seeking a way to move my history as well! Now that I am fully running on my fancy new laptop...oh, and since I know you will all be asking, its a new Dell 510m, ultra light weight model with a 15" screen, a 1.6G Pentium M Centrino (855 chipset) processor & 1 G memory!

SWEEEEET!!!

cheers,
    Luke

graphicsbytia
    Originally posted by Chilihost
    I am desperately seeking a way to move my history as well! Now that I am fully running on my fancy new laptop...oh, and since I know you will all be asking, its a new Dell 510m, ultra light weight model with a 15" screen, a 1.6G Pentium M Centrino (855 chipset) processor & 1 G memory!

SWEEEEET!!!

cheers,
    Luke
    nice setup there Chilihost!

you need to delete your history once in a while especially if you've accumulated a lot because icq has a limit and it'll start giving you trouble if you go over it. What I do is select all, and paste into a notepad and save it, then delete it from icq. The save function doesn't seem to work very well so doing it this way is better.

thanks for the tip, I think I will write them all to text files, too bad there wasn't a quicker way but oh well!

cheers,
    Luke

graphicsbytia
    I found it!

right click the black G in the yellow square on the top left of the contact list and choose find user, lots of other stuff there too

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Doesnt ICQ keep the contact list on their server if you have it arranged or is it only icq lite that does that?

Regards,

Lee

graphicsbytia
    Originally posted by Lee
    Doesnt ICQ keep the contact list on their server if you have it arranged or is it only icq lite that does that?

Regards,

Lee
    yeah they do keep it on the server for regular icq .. what I posted previously was the way to find someone on a contact list, mine is so long I need that

Ounique
    Originally posted by graphicsbytia
    I found it!

right click the black G in the yellow square on the top left of the contact list and choose find user, lots of other stuff there too
    Thank you so much! That will be such a help to me.