Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction and question.....

eclipse

I Wonder? Introduction and question.....

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I am a newcomer to the field, mainly interested in content production.

I have found lots of great conversation amongst the group here, and the level of civility among competitors is commendable!

I have been doing the ebay thing quite successfully for a few years now, and thought long about the next step for me to become completely self employed.

I am quite interested in diving in by starting out with solo photo sets. I live in an area where the white trash and college boys are easy to come by. So finding talent shouldnt be a problem. My main concern was with the financial aspect of it all. I read through the major content clearing house, and it seems the selling price of still sets is quite low, considering the costs involved in actually paying the model, equipment and space concerns etc...

So, considering the low prices per set, how many sales could one expect through a content clearing house? The main themes I will likely attempt would be white trash/ college aged guys. Solo to start with, possible some balloon fetish and cutesy costume type layouts. Mostly solo, with some toy play and cumshots.

I understand the legal end of it, the proper ways to document the models, required forms, expected photo sizes and specs. all that stuff is no problem. My main question is could this be financially worth my time, or would I be better off launching a website as well, and keeping my content exclusive, then getting into the whole link and avs type rings?

I know this sounds disorganized, but at this point I am still learning the ropes, and ironing out my business plan. If it could be worth it financially, I could just do the production end and sell the content to websites. This would be my preferred method of starting out

Thanks for the consideration and response in advance

Dawgy
    hit me up, id like to chat

icq 1148977
    aim daledotcom

Xstr8guy
    Do both!

Go into content production and keep some of the content exclusive. Start with an AVS Platinum site and build it into a paysite. Build free sites and regular AVS sites and promote your Platinum AVS site inside.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Xstr8guy
    Do both!

Go into content production and keep some of the content exclusive. Start with an AVS Platinum site and build it into a paysite. Build free sites and regular AVS sites and promote your Platinum AVS site inside.
    Agreed :thumbsup:

Also you really should speak to Dale (Dawgy) he has some kick-ass photography skills

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    Originally posted by Lee
    Agreed :thumbsup:

Also you really should speak to Dale (Dawgy) he has some kick-ass photography skills

Regards,

Lee
    and im dead sexy yeaaaaah baabby

eclipse
    thanks for the input, I have spoken with dale, and he was of great assistance.

Welcome aboard Eclipse! If you need anything just ask :-D

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Dawgy
    and im dead sexy yeaaaaah baabby
    Well i wouldnt go quite that far LOL

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    Originally posted by Lee
    Well i wouldnt go quite that far LOL

Regards,

Lee
    :wtf: fine then

eclipse

eclipse
    although, the hand down the pants on your avatar implies you are for sure a horny bastard

Dawgy
    Originally posted by eclipse
    although, the hand down the pants on your avatar implies you are for sure a horny bastard
    yeah a friend drew that for me on my whiteboard about 2 years ago. ill have to find a pic of him somewhere... cute little emo looking skater boy.

*drool*

eclipse
    skater boyz.... drool....

Originally posted by eclipse
    Guess which one is Dawgy:

Dawgy
    Originally posted by Squirt
    Guess which one is Dawgy:

ahahaha

im the skinny dork nerd thats still in his locker from earlier in the day when the bullies took my lunch money.