Thread: Slap that Mastercard and VISA

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar

Slap that Mastercard and VISA

Bush administration lawyer Paul Clement told justices in a filing that Visa and MasterCard account for 73 percent of general credit card charges. He said the two dominant card networks block "every competitively significant bank in the country from dealing with networks they do not control."
    now all banks are rushing to issue Amex and Discover - http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...s_credit_cards

too bad amex is anti-adult!

cheers,
    Luke

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Agreed Luke although, i honesty do think within the next few years we are going to see one of two things happen..

1) We will ALL have to move to a business model that doesnt involve credit cards or;

2) We will see many of the companies such as Amex etc who wont process for adult re-emerging in the adult industry.

Regards,

Lee

Lee, very interesting theories....I am really really hoping for #2, maybe the US courts will force amex into adult because it is monopolistic as it stands. Hehe, imagine the courts doing something in favour of the adult industry!

cheers,
    Luke

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    The thing is though Luke i honestly think that option 1 is the more viable option, certainly from where i am sat i see many companies already embracing the technology that will make this happen in the near future from SMS / MMS content delivery through to more 'friendly' dialer solutions.

Of course, the fact that the US is almost 5 years behind the rest of the world when it comes to their usage of mibil technology isnt going to help the issue and, what many of these companies already offering sms services dont seem to understand is that, quite simply, they will HAVE to wait a minimum of 3 years before they even become profitable and, at that time, the rest of the world will have advanced further into the mobile technology fields which will render any US based services obsolete anywhere else in the world than the US

Regards,

Lee

I was surprised when I read a post on another board asking who has tried SMS messages, it was only about 12 months ago and the poster was from the US. Its a shocker to think I have been actively SMSing for about 5 years now! And in quite a few countries you can already SMS your local pop machine for a bottle of coke, charged to your mobile bill.

The biggest bitch I have about using SMS right now is that most of them charge 50 - 60% processing fees! Hopefully once the US market is more in tune with SMS, we will see a new group of SMS billers who can bill US and who charge a reasonable rate.

cheers,
    Luke