Thread: Does this tour suck?

DigitalJay

Does this tour suck?

I am making tours for different parts of my site to get practice, I'm not great at designing them. Anyone have any comments or suggestions on this one I just made?

http://www.shimmercam.com/gaycams/index.html

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Well no doubt you have talent but for me, i think the pages are too long... too much info on each page really plus no sign up button either...

I'd cut them down to where there is no more than two screens per page, i'd add an 'instant access' button on each screen worth at the least.

There was some great advice on another board, where the person said that the tour was to grab em, twist em till it hurt so they'd sign up immediately... in short, make the tour grab their attention and make it so hot they can't wait to find that join button... i think what you have now is more for a gallery type page rather than a 'tour' page.

Just my 2 cents.
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

DigitalJay
    The tour isn't for a paysite, just a large section of my camsite. The links at the top will go straight to the galleries, the rest is more of a description of each gallery area. In other words, it's a tour of a large group of free galleries.

DigitalJay
    Ok I'm going to cut it up into four pages. What else?

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I am confused, which is normal for me. But isn't the purpose of a tour for getting the surfer to buy something, right? don't they have to buy minutes or something? or is this in an area after they have paid to see the cam section?

BTW i do like the guy leaning forward and the text you have to right, makes it very personal and inviting so i'd maybe try to highlight that a bit more with good h1 tags and content instead of a whole bunch of added pics...
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

it looks great, except the pics of the same guy leaning forward look very pixelated, which implies poor quality.

cheers,
    Luke

Dzinerbear
    the first page is blinding, that twirly thing hurt my eyes.

I'm not sure about the size of some of the pictures. On the one hand, they're small and you can't really make out the guys, this can be a good selling feature as it heightens the NEEd to get in there; on the other hand, it can be a bad selling feature because you can't make out enough of them to judge whether you NEED to see. Right now, they're largely just blurry guys with big cocks, I don't know whether I'm going to pop a load or fall asleep when I get inside. You need to strike a better balance I think.

And I'm a Virgo, so that means I love things to line up. The picture that is sitting just above the player is driving me nuts because it's not the same width as the player. I think it should be because you have a irregular alignment of the smaller thumbs. Making the larger picture the same width as the player will help focus the surfer's eye I think.

And I agree, you need a "see more," or "preview," or "join now" button in every section.

Cheers
    dzinerbear

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    Ya know, over all I like it. The pics look a little pixelated, and don't line up. (I like things to fit together like Michael.)

The thing that throws me off is all the green, then the black middle. The green kept distracting my eyes. I would say pick 1-2 colors and stick with them. The fonts in the logo is cute! (I know your going to email that font over to me.)

Maybe try a black bg, and extend the bar thingy behinde the logo all the way accross the top of the page?
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

DigitalJay
    black, pink, and green...I told you guys I'm stuck in the eighties!

I don't know why I like pixelated pics so much, I guess because it gives me memories of playing my nintendo when I was young . Everyone has lazy eyes, so most probably won't get that Brent dosn't appear on the site, he's just a digital "tourguide" , so the pics can be two color cartoons for all it matters, but pixelated is cute imo.

Since like I said this is part of my big free site, I'm not too extremely worried about what surfers think of it visually as long as they can easily find the pics they wanted to see. These two (four now) pages of graphics and description are just a fancy way to see a list of the available galleries.

I posted it here because I wanted to know what you all thought of the design itself, not if it would "sell" as it's not a paysite tour. In that respect I can tell I still have a ton to learn because the things you guys brought up; colors, table alignments, picture sizes are all extremely important. Practice makes perfect, and sooner or later i'll make a design that has people going Wow.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I like it

Cant wait to see the site online once it is fully completed

Regards,

Lee