Thread: Cease and Desist form letter?

BDBionic

Cease and Desist form letter?

Hey all...

Anyone have a copyright cease and desist form letter on hand? I have a couple lying around but wanted to "comparison shop", so to speak.

Essentially something you'd send out to someone you caught using your copyrighted material that has citations and references in it... DMCA clauses or legal speak and what not.

Maybe ChadKnowsLaw might be a good person to ask this but... watcha all think are the chances of getting a lawyer to attach their name (and intimidating "Esq" on their name ) to such a doc. for free? Say if you promised that if it went beyond just needing the cease and desist then you'd let (and pay for) them to handle the case or whatever?

BDBionic
    desist.
    decist.
    cease and desist.
    cease and decist.

hrm.

sorry I'm one of those people that needs to spell out and look at certain words in order to spell them correctly. hah

Direct Holly
    Hey BD check out http://nolo.com/ a great legal site with forms and articles... Hope it helps...:egypt:

BDBionic
    awesome, Holly. you rock. thanks!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You could also check out http://www.coollawyer.com Judith Silver has a lot of forms on there you could use

Regards,

Lee

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Brian,

Alternatively you could do what we do.

Send me around to their place to knock on the door to convince them of the error of their ways.

Baseball bat optional.

:specs:

Don't laugh people.

I did do that for a living in a past life.

And I **STILL** telephone EVERY chargeback we get (because I can) - I should say, I get checks or new payments through from 50-70% that I speak too.

That rises to 95% when their wife answers the phone.

:angel:

:biker: