Thread: Vibrator shuts down airport

Vibrator shuts down airport

Oct 5, 10:20 AM (ET)
    BRISBANE, Australia (AP) - A scare triggered by a vibrating sex toy shut down a major Australian regional airport for almost an hour Monday, police said.

The vibrating object was discovered Monday morning inside a garbage can at the terminal cafeteria at Mackay Airport in Queensland state, a
    police spokeswoman said. Cafeteria manager Lynne Bryant said her staff had been cleaning tables when they noticed a strange humming noise coming from the garbage can.

"It was rather disconcerting when the rubbish bin started humming
    furiously," Bryant said. "We called security and next minute everybody
    was being evacuated while they checked it out."

The police spokeswoman said the terminal was evacuated immediately.
    Passengers who had arrived on a recent flight, check-in staff, cafeteria employees and hire car personnel were all forced to leave.

"Another two flights were expected to land at that stage but alternate
    arrangements were made for the passengers to collect their luggage away from the terminal," the spokeswoman said on the usual condition of anonymity. She said the emergency alert was canceled after 45 minutes when the package was identified as an adult sex toy.

Bryant said in retrospect, the humming sounded exactly like a vibrator,but it was better to be safe then sorry. "You can't afford to take chances," Bryant said.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Haha those crazy Australians.

Although CJ does tell me she takes hers with her everywhere

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    wonder if she confiscated it for 'evidence' mwahaha

That is exactly why I did not take mine to the internext in Florida.. I was so scared they would pull it out in the middle of the airport :wacko:

cj.
    It wasn't me, as I've said before I would never throw a perfectly good vibrator in the bin!!! LOL

Happypeekers, your fear was well founded - it happens, and yes, its as embarassing as you imagine. :bomb: They also found our purve mascot, Julian, the male blow up doll with a vibrating tongue and dong, deflated and schrunched up under my clothes. I tried extremely hard to keep a straight face, but I felt my face on fire through the entire 'inspection'.

Pocket Neon's rock - much more discreet ;-)

[i]It wasn't me, as I've said before I would never throw a perfectly good vibrator in the bin!!! LOL

Happypeekers, your fear was well founded - it happens, and yes, its as embarassing as you imagine. They also found our purve mascot, Julian, the male blow up doll with a vibrating tongue and dong, deflated and schrunched up under my clothes. I tried extremely hard to keep a straight face, but I felt my face on fire through the entire 'inspection'. :wacko: [/B]
    I am sorry to laugh because I know it was a humiliating experience..
    but that story is just freaking hillarious o:high:

OMG! I'd of been crawling under a table with embarassment!

... just imagining them unpacking it, and asking for a demonstration on just what that was ....

cj.
    LMAO - yes, its funny ... NOW!
    Xippy & I have a LOT of embarassing travel moments ;/

They also went through xippy's luggage on another occasion, as we were leaving the convention in vegas, airport full of comdex & other tourists ... he had a calendar featuring some fairly - errr - graphic gay content

The security guy held it up and flicked through *every* page ...
    turned it to the side ... upside down ... to the other side ... before casually putting it back and starting on his underwear.

I was a few people away having my luggage searched and xippy looks across at me with this undescribable look and I just started LMAO right there in the airport.

I love travelling LOL

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    CJ..

The question is..

Will the both of you be joining us in Vegas next year?

Regards,

Lee

cj.
    probably not ;-(

but you can find me in Gonzo's pocket ;-)