Thread: The Gay Face of God: An Interview with Archbishop Bruce Simpson

TheLegacy

The Gay Face of God: An Interview with Archbishop Bruce Simpson

Archbishop Simpson is an openly gay Catholic Priest who rejects fundamentalist Christian arguments that homosexuality is inherently sinful. His life story, which can be read in his new book The Gay Face of God, is truly fascinating; his career path has lead him from the United States military to the police force, then to time as a federal agent.

After being rejected by the Roman Catholic Church on account of his sexual orientation, Archbishop Simpson found his final calling with the Old Catholic Church, where his primary ministry is Social Justice; Archbishop Simpson’s teachings denounce the use of God as “a political weapon,” and instead promote “the simple truth of love and inclusion.”

http://ynotnews.ynotmasters.com/issu...704/page2.html

Not gay but I play it on TV LAJ's Avatar
    Heh... no responses on this thread after 12 hours??

Well, I guess I can understand why no one here would have an opinion on this LOL...

robin
    hmmm -- well about the only thing I have to say about the article is that Connor did a pretty good interview and that the Archbishop is a pretty interesting man. Oh and that I mentioned the article to a friend who's actually interested in the church and what not.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Sorry it took so long to respond been working on a bunch of new things

As always, YNOT and especially Connor did a great job on that article

Regards,

Lee