Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Webmasters Promoting Gay Products Get Any Use Out Of Sites Like Board Tracker

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Do Webmasters Promoting Gay Products Get Any Use Out Of Sites Like Board Tracker

Or Board Scanner?

Ive just been looking over a bunch of the topic notifications from various boards over the last few days since i changed the keywords i wanted to keep up-to-date on across the various message forums and well, im a bit disappointed to say the least.

Specifically, i used the alert 'gay' to notify me of any threads that were started about the gay market along with a selection of other non-descript keywords.

Out of 148 (yes i counted them ) notifications i received, 14 of them were actually anything to do with marketing to gay surfers and the remaining 134 were all threads where the posters used the words i had set in the notification as defamatory remarks to other posters or were about issues like gay marriage etc.

I mean how fucked up is that?

The weird thing however, is that 99% of these boards were all primarily straight orientated, how can we, as a community working in the adult industry get any use from these types of tools is the majority of threads we got told about are of no use to us whatsoever?

Your thoughts on this?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    I would get no use from it at all... Just for that reason. I wouldn't use the word gay alone though.

Use sponsor, and then gay.. that might help. Most of the boards are nothing more then clicking things for str8 people to pass arround new webmasters. I dought that other then here, and ynot, that any other business gets done much on them...
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

xxxmanager
    the defamation use of the word gay is indeed annoying.

However, the word "gay" only is very general. Although, even with 140 alerts, its easier to tell go over those than ALL the threads out there, isn't it?

From the beginning of the thread and the title of it, usually its easy to tell if a thread is relevant very fast, woudln't you say?

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    i use boardtracker and that "am I gay if...." crap is super dumb, but i just hit delete and move on

I agree Ron

Just want to point out as you are here btw, this wasnt anything negative against the tools you provide us with or those provided by Board Scanner.

Its just annoying thats all that so many individuals are actively looking to mak more money in the gay marketplace (both gay and straight) but the keywords that should be the ones to help them just end up wasting their time

Regards,

Lee

Originally posted by jIgG
    i use boardtracker and that "am I gay if...." crap is super dumb, but i just hit delete and move on
    Am i gay if i have fantasies about you jigg?

Regards,

Lee

jIgG - 10-13-2004 01:50 PM
    Lee - 10-13-2004 01:50 PM

Lee stop stalking me manz, sheesh

Originally posted by jIgG
    jIgG - 10-13-2004 01:50 PM
    Lee - 10-13-2004 01:50 PM

Lee stop stalking me manz, sheesh
    Hahaha i cant help that i have good taste in guys

Regards,

Lee

ooh that's just so smooth

not that i disagree

xxxmanager
    did you know you can add the following to your boardtracker's alerts search term to avoid those threads?...

-"am I gay if"

The minus signs means that there will be no alerts if the phrase following the minus is in the thread

Darren Austin
    Since the gay boards are limited. I think that we ALL should keep posing on the str8 boards as well. I have found that some gay webmasters post on the str8 boards because they have never heard of any of the gay ones, so I find myself meeting them there.
    I like the search terms you must branch out.

Ounique
    I totally understand what you're saying, Darren. It's just hard to keep going to sites like that, as a gay man, when you have all this homophobic rhetoric. I mean, I'm not representing the gay market specifically, we have all kinds of content. I'm open to business with everyone. But on a personal level, I'm supposed to walk into a room and promote my services when there's anti-gay slurrs going on all around me. And the really sad part is when I go onto a board where I used to be a regular and see this happening. You can't hold a whole board responsible for the postings of a few individuals, but when this goes on all the time and the mods don't say a thing it makes it really hard to swallow my tongue and try to pretend like it's not going on.

Dzinerbear
    We could start an educational campaign. How about we pick a board, somebody could post a note about running gay sites and how they wanted to do some straight niche sites and needed some help. Then, we could all tromp over there and have a big long discussion about it.

Does jIig really taste good?

Dzinerbear

Sad

Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    We could start an educational campaign. How about we pick a board, somebody could post a note about running gay sites and how they wanted to do some straight niche sites and needed some help. Then, we could all tromp over there and have a big long discussion about it.

Does jIig really taste good?

Dzinerbear

I posted a while back on a straight board with the topic "Straight guys promoting Gay sites" or something like that. It turned into a HUGE thread that ended up being locked. The main point about my thread was the straight "slash and burn" marketing techniques being used by the straight industry in the Gay market. I also touched on the topic of them giving back to the Gay community, etc. It was one of the first threads I made on that board about a year ago.

Everything I said in the thread was turned around. I was pegged a seperatist, biggot, discrimanotory etc. A lot of personal attacks as well about me being mean, hateful, etc. and rasing a child. I was crushed. I learned from that experience that a Gay persons place on a straight board is to be witty, give the token Gay advice, and not expect much substance from anyone. Most advice is marginal at best. So of course I stopped going.

Lately I started going back their, found a straight guy making what one of my subscribers called "rip off Gay sites", so I gently touched on that subject, and was threatened to be banned because of trying to hurt someone elses business. I'm sorry but when your business practices are questionable you can expect people to ask questions.... bleah . . never mind.

Anyway .. back on track "somebody could post a note about running gay sites and how they wanted to do some straight niche sites " Yeah goto ynomasters.com and post saying you're starting a brand new niche site and need help.. then in the message say the niche is "a straight site" Of course a few of them lurk here and will know what you're up to.. but if you do it quickly they wont have time to warn anyone :-D

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    I found this thread on Boardtracker.

:howl:

I use that and All of Em religiously.

Does that make ME gay ?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

:biker: