Thread: Whats are the schools of thought on paysite pricing?

Marc

Whats are the schools of thought on paysite pricing?

My question is how much to charge members.
    if I see a site that charges, say, $9.95/mo, then I think it's probably going to be light on content and quality and wont sign up.
    But if I see something thats $39.99 then I think it's too much.

Im thinking $14-22/month might be the best range, depending on the content and what I have to offer.

any thoughts on pricing? would you liek to share your experiences on this?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Put a price point on the site that ensures you make a profit first and foremost.

Just because *I* can convert sites on a $15 membership making 50% that doesnt mean you are making what you spend out on content, hosting etc etc.

The best way to work out a price IMHO is to take in to effect all of the elements of your site, content, design, hosting, scripting etc etc and then take 1-2% of the total cost as your membership level so..

A $1000 cost site will be charged at $10-$20 for access.
    A $3000 cost site will be charged at $30-$60 for access.

Etc etc...

Thats a good starting point and, it also means you need at least 50-100 memberships to break even, anything after that is pure profit

Regards,

Lee

the sites i prefer to sell (below that, it isn't worth it to me) charge $24.95 and $19.95. i haven't seen much difference between those two prices - neither in initial sales nor in rebills. that being said, i sell one site higher very successfully, but they are a pretty unique niche.

i don't think what was spent on the site ever has anything to do with the price. it's just what the owners think they can get. i've seen sites that were virtually all plugins (which means no big expenses to set the site up) that rebills at $39.95 and sites with 100% exclusively shot u.s. content rebilling at $9.95.