Thread: GayBouncer - Do You Like Them?

DigitalJay

GayBouncer - Do You Like Them?

I'm thinking about trying them out, but I don't know.

I thought Visa put their foot down on AVS's even using the terms AVS or Adult Verification Service on their sites? I guess I was misinformed. Does this mean that they CAN verify if the card holder is 18 or over?

Also, the front page of the webmaster area says:

"GAYBOUNCER.COM IS THE LARGEST ADULT VERIFICATION SYSTEM AVAILABLE ADULT VERIFICATION SYSTEM AVAILABLE."

In large letters. Isn't that a bit redundent?

Also, what do they mean by largest? Most included content? largest website file sizes? (it took a while to load for me) Surely it dosn't mean most accepted sites, I don't see how they could top UGAS or CyberAge on that. This gives me the impression that the owners bought the design and didn't even bother looking over it that well before using it...

Those are just nitpicky issues I had with it though, is the service good, does it sell?

Xstr8guy
    GayBouncer is owned by AdultBouncer... and they are certainly one of biggest AVS/AEN systems around. I have one site on GayBouncer/AdultBouncer, but I haven't built anything new since GayBouncer started. The do have some good quality movies to build your site with... so you should give them a try. Be sure to join by clicking on GWW's banner.

Some of the AVS's (especially the gay ones) have seemed to fly under the radar of the Visa regs. UGAS is the biggest and they still have some questionable wording on their sign-in scripts. Se below...
    UGAS.com is an All Gay Verification Service (or AVS) developed to restrict minors from entering adult oriented Websites.
    CyberAge (which is owned by the same company changed their scripts, but never bothered with UGAS.