Thread: A Brief Introduction

JustMe

A Brief Introduction

Greetings All:

I'm new to this forum, and to the Adult Entertainment Industry in general, so I thought I would take the bandwidth to introduce myself to the community. Hopefully you'll be seeing me as a regular contributor (to the extent that I can be) on this and several other forums.

I've spent the last decade working in the Information Security Industry, and have run several large sites related to that and similar topics as well. I recently sold my last company, so I figured why not take a go at something different?

I've spent about 6 months on and off researching the general business models and issues facing adult sites, and gay sites in particular, and think I have a pretty good understanding of the basics. I've certainly learned a lot by reading this forum, and I hope to be able to give something back to the general pool of knowledge here as well.

I'm a code monkey (html, php, perl, asp, java, javascript, c++, plus database stuff oracle, mysql etc.) and as I mentioned have a particular interest/expertise in the area of security. Stopping hackers/crackers/phreakers/terrorists and just plain jackasses from causing problems with information systems is my forte. So, if anyone is having problems in any of these areas, feel free to ask and I'll be more than happy to help out. In turn, I'll be asking questions about all of the fun issues that come along with building and branding gay sites.

So far, I have up a handful of AVS sites at BoyAlley.net and my first paysite BoyAlley.com and its free bonus site HomoSchool.com will hopefully be going live this week.

I look forward to becoming a more active member of this community.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Good to have you here with us

Im going to move this across to the general board for you so a few more people can reply

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Welcome and hope you have fun here, nice to see new members. It is a great place and the folks here are always great in sharing.

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

RainGurl
    welcome to gww!! enjoy yourself

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Welcome to our world!

It is nice to read that someone has done the research before jumping into adult.

You're a code monkey?! I love programers, especially in the middle of the night when I can't get scripts to work properly LOL On that note, I am sure that any contribution you wish to make will happen quicker than you realize

Again... Welcome to GWW! I'm sure you're going to like it here.

My best,
    Gary-Alan
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

JustMe
    Greetings All:

Thanks for the words of welcome and encouragement.

Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    especially in the middle of the night when I can't get scripts to work properly LOL
    Hehe, I know how that goes. If anyone on the board ever has any problems like that, you're always welcome to contact me. I can be reached via e-mail to webmaster\@\boyalley.com or even more directly via my AIM handle TheBoyAlley.

Jason
    Welcome! You've already made one great business decision in becoming an active member here. You will find a wealth of experienced people willing to help you succeed.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you at any time.

(Chris...no dirty comments on that one....he still needs his full 10 days.)

J

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    Your script? is that what we call it now?

Welcome JustMe. theres a lot of help, friendly people, and yes, even some business to be had here (Just don't sit on Chris's lap.):specs:

You'll love it.

Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    You're a code monkey?! I love programers, especially in the middle of the night when I can't get scripts to work properly LOL
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

Dzinerbear
    Welcome aboard, good to have you here.
    If you need anything, just ask.
    Nice site, btw.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

jonjayw

Re: A Brief Introduction

Originally posted by JustMe
    . . . So far, I have up a handful of AVS sites at BoyAlley.net and my first paysite BoyAlley.com and its free bonus site HomoSchool.com will hopefully be going live this week.

I look forward to becoming a more active member of this community.
    Nice work for a new boy!! Welcome to the club. You'll get and you'll give and enjoy it (and information exchange isn't bad either).

Welcome to GWW !

Great sites and I like the logic of your design. Programmers rock!
    If you need anything let us know :thumbsup:

Cheers

Tom

another welcome, its nice to have a code monkey on the board

cheers,
    Luke