Thread: idle domains

Dawgy

idle domains

ive decided to make all my domains live, even if im not using them. its something i should have done a long time ago but ive been putting it off.

my question is, should i just stick them all on one IP or each on its own? im talking about like 100 domains, so i dont even know if my host will give me that many IPs. i already have like 32.

opinions? experiences?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    The easiest option would be to give all the domains you arent using a single shared ip address and give each of them an index page or a redirect so if they do get hits they go to where you want them

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Well if you do plan on linking among them, i'd try to get as many on separate IP's as possible, depending of course on cost.

Definately in the meantime redirect them but again, if they on the same IP could cause a headache with G.

Also use the 301 redirect rather than java or meta refresh, safer again.

You might also try to see how many separate IP's the host can give you without added cost and then split up the domains among them... better than all on one in my view.

hth
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Talk to Luke - He can set you up with enough space and adds in additional domains (full true ISP, not a subdomain) at like 5 bucks each I believe. Worth talking to him about what you want done.