Thread: S.F Moving to a WiFi City

edk

S.F Moving to a WiFi City

This is very exciting - Just think what this will do for the Adult Industry

SAN FRANCISCO, California (Reuters) -- San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom set a goal Thursday of providing free wireless Internet activity in his city that sees itself as a vanguard of the Internet revolution.

"We will not stop until every San Franciscan has access to free wireless Internet service," he said in his annual state of the city address. "These technologies will connect our residents to the skills and the jobs of the new economy."

"No San Franciscan should be without a computer and a broadband connection."

He said the city had already made free WiFi service available at Union Square, a central shopping and tourist hub, and would add access to several other sections of the city including Civic Center around City Hall.

The stadium where the San Francisco Giants baseball team plays also offers WiFi, a wireless technology that allows a computer with a special modem to connect to the Internet.

Other cities have started setting up large areas of WiFi coverage, including San Jose in Silicon Valley and parts of Long Beach, California.

Dawgy

Re: S.F Moving to a WiFi City

Originally posted by edk
    "No San Franciscan should be without a computer and a broadband connection."
    because homeless children shouldnt be denied their email

i think its a novel idea, im just of the opinion that this country in general has its priorities fucked up.

Re: Re: S.F Moving to a WiFi City

Originally posted by Dawgy
    i think its a novel idea, im just of the opinion that this country in general has its priorities fucked up.
    I've lived in SF and know where you're coming from Dawgy.

I think it's a great idea... I'll take what I can get in making this world a better place. It really does seem that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I gotta agree with you to Dale.

It seems the more things get worse in the US the less the government seems to care about them

Regards,

Lee

edk
    Sorry, hehe ... I thought it was kind of a cool. LOL, I didn't know it was going to dig up so many feelings!!

I lived in SF for four years. Believe it or not they do take care of their homeless probably better then a lot of cities. There is a lot of options for them in SF and they do get montly $$ from the city. Why do you think homeless from all over the country come to SF to live, hmmm