Thread: Setting up a TGP - Questions

Dzinerbear

Setting up a TGP - Questions

Hi all,

I'm working on setting up a TGP using Auto Gallery Pro and I have a couple of questions.

Have the blacklist be transparent to the gallery submitter? If any blacklisted items are found, the gallery will be rejected. However, to the gallery
    submitter it will appear that their submission has gone through.

Why would one want the blacklist to be transparent?

Have the gallery scanner's thumbnail count override the submitted thumbnail count?

I'm assuming this is take care of cheaters who say they have 16 thumbs to get accepted, but they really only have 12???

Reject the gallery if it is using the same HTML as an existing gallery?

Wouldn't this result in a webmaster never being able to use the same template twice, or does the fact that they've changed the come-on text in the gallery make the HTML different?

Reject the gallery if it's content does not meet the minimum size requirements?

What's a good minimum size?

What a good maximum number of external links to allow?

Thanks
    Dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    Oh you copy-cat! Lol.

Is this going to be a bear TGP or a general gay TGP?

Dzinerbear
    Xstr8guy,

Don't worry, I ain't swooping in on you.

I'm working on this for MANcheck. I've had AutoGalleryPro installed for a couple of months now, but I'm just finding the time to get into it and set it up.

Do you have AIM? Did you finally decide to go with AGP?

Dzinerbear

Jasun
    -so you don't get whiney webmasters incapable of following the rules sending you whiney emails about being blacklisted.

I'm assuming this is take care of cheaters who say they have 16 thumbs to get accepted, but they really only have 12???
    - Exactly.

Wouldn't this result in a webmaster never being able to use the same template twice, or does the fact that they've changed the come-on text in the gallery make the HTML different?
    -they won't be able to copy a gallery over to a new folder and resubmit it, thus giving you the same gallery over and over again.

Xstr8guy
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    Xstr8guy,

Don't worry, I ain't swooping in on you.

I'm working on this for MANcheck. I've had AutoGalleryPro installed for a couple of months now, but I'm just finding the time to get into it and set it up.

Do you have AIM? Did you finally decide to go with AGP?

Dzinerbear
    I went with AG SQL... and I don't mind competition from you.

Xstr8guy
    Oh... and no, I don't use AIM... ICQ only (and only the Lite version)
    AIM is too intrusive.

thetwink

Re: Setting up a TGP - Questions

Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    Hi all,

I'm working on setting up a TGP using Auto Gallery Pro and I have a couple of questions.

Have the blacklist be transparent to the gallery submitter? If any blacklisted items are found, the gallery will be rejected. However, to the gallery
    submitter it will appear that their submission has gone through.

Have the gallery scanner's thumbnail count override the submitted thumbnail count?

Reject the gallery if it is using the same HTML as an existing gallery?

Reject the gallery if it's content does not meet the minimum size requirements?

What's a good minimum size?

What a good maximum number of external links to allow?

Thanks
    Dzinerbear

1. Jasun hit this one on the head.
    2. Again...

3. Yes, this would mean that they cannot re-use templates, unless they change at least something, like the come on text. It's a program, so it will look for exact match.

4. for pics, a good minmum size is 20k-30k, but be careful with this one.... for example, sometimes I'll make a gallery and after compressing the big pics there might be that one pic or two that is a close up of all flesh, giving it a small file size even though it's good quality. So, for this reason, I have mine set at 20k for pics. For movies, I think 100k minimum is good, but this one can vary greatly. 100k is good if you're gonna accept movie gallery with 10+ clips... smaller/more quantity. But if you only want 3-6 clips per page, then something like 250k min might be better.

5. good number of max external links is very subjective, also. I have mine set to 30 because I don't want to possibly miss out on a good gallery, simply because the webmaster has used alot of ads... well, as long as the ads are 'done nicely' and not just a banner farm. With gay tgps, you'll def not be overwhelmed with volume of submissions, so it's not gonna hurt to make this call on review. with straight sites, and literally hundreds and hundreds of subs per day, being strict on this rule can save some much needed time.

Hope this helps.

Dzinerbear
    Thanks for everyone's thoughts.