Thread: Business Dilemma... What Would You Do?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Business Dilemma... What Would You Do?

So we have been testing several tour layouts over the past few months and, we have found a specific layout that is working EXTREMELY well across a wide range of niches.

Now here is the dilemma..

Do we continue testing several other tour layouts or, do we stick with the one layout we have found that is working extremely well and build a whole entourage of sites around that layout?

My main concern is that is we build 50 affiliate paysite tours around this one layout that is working well that would put affiliates off from promoting the sites however, on the plus side, it also mean that affiliates who do promote the sites should do well from the tours.

It also means that if we continue testing other tour styles, we have to wait longer to get the new sites launched and ultimately, that could end up costing us money in the long run.

So, what to do? Your opinions please

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I'd do both if you can... perhaps set up the one you have now as the front runner, then contact selected affiliates to ask them to link to other new tours to further test the market results... perhaps offer some incentive in case they don't work, or even use an exit console to those surfers to the front runner tour... but i wouldn't stop looking or ignore the current front runner.

just my opinion
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Jasun
    I say go with what you know works.

Why waste people's time with tours you know don't work if you know which one does?

Thank you both for the feedback

Anyone else have any comments?

Regards,

Lee

cj.
    build half in the same layout until they stop converting, and in the meantime test other layouts and add the ones that work as you go ...

when you know something works, use it!

i'd rather promote sites that the owner can honestly tell me sell. after all, if the niches are far enough apart, most of the surfers won't see multiples of the same layout.

besides, why argue with success? now get those tours out there so we can all make some money together!

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    i say use it, run it to the ground untill the last tittie is dry (or is that pocket) and move on to another better tour

Lee you should know, if you find something that works multiply multiply multiply

DigitalJay
    Do as much research and hard thinking about what exactly makes the tour style work, then try some "spin-offs" or variations of it, and test them as well.

You'll hopefully find something that works just as well or even better.

Plus then you have the bonus of diversity among your tours, instead of it looking like you paid someone to mass produce some sort of cookie-cutter template. This can be a big deal to webmasters, and to surfers I would think, and keeps it possible for you to find something even better...

the surfers won't know they're cookie cutter sites. only webmasters will know.

Originally posted by basschick
    the surfers won't know they're cookie cutter sites. only webmasters will know.
    See that was where my original train of thought lay.. in reality a surfer is going to see probably 2 of the site tours maximum and there are subtle differences in them although the 'basics' of the layout is the same

I think im going to give this a little more thought befor rushing in and cookie cuttering 50+ sites

I appreciate everyones opinion on this matter to btw

Regards,

Lee