Thread: gay domain - straight sites

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Northstar's Avatar

gay domain - straight sites

Does anyone else get extremely pissed off when you go to find a domain name and find tons of good gay domain names taken and used for straight sites? I mean what is the purpose of this? Do they really think they are going to get tons of sales by attracting gay traffic to a straight site. For instance look at www.freegaygalleries.com. This just burns me up :evil:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know what.. its not just using a gay specific domain and pointing it to a straight paysite but also the other way around.

What IS even worse than that though is when someone has a fantastic type in value domain and it goes 404... i mean WTF is that all about?

Regards,

Lee

Rainbo1956

Re: gay domain - straight sites

Originally posted by Northstar
    Does anyone else get extremely pissed off when you go to find a domain name and find tons of good gay domain names taken and used for straight sites? I mean what is the purpose of this? Do they really think they are going to get tons of sales by attracting gay traffic to a straight site. For instance look at www.freegaygalleries.com. This just burns me up :evil:
    LOL...yup...I'd say it's a waste for them and yeah it sucks big time.
    The reason I laugh is, what the hell else can ya do...I DO find it kinda funny. I mean what fricking retards!

I see it alot though...and yes, while it's madening, I also say "Oh well, their loss and loss of bandwidth". Some ppl have no clue